Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2004 adventurer 33v

Am looking to purchase a 2004 adventure 33v with less than 20000 mi., in the mid 40000.00 range,. Does price seem reasonable and should i be concerned about basement air. Thanks in advance.
john5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

which chassis? Price sounds high. Should be mid 30s to basement 40s
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

We have the same motorhome. Price sounds about right (to a little low) on what others are asking for that model and in that year range.

The Adventurer is on the more premium line of class A gas motorhomes in the Winnebago lineup.

Basement air, no problems here after repairing the leaky duct that goes up form the unit to the roof.

What chassis?

Condition?

Maintenance records?

Only 20,000 miles, that is only 2,500 per year. I personally would like to see a little more.

Tires, if they are original they will need to be replaced regardless of the amount of tread. They are at least 8 years old if original.

See if you can visit the coach when it is raining out. There have been some issues of windshields leaking on the Winnebagos.

Let us know if you have any more questions.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Here is one for sale not to far from where I live.

Link here
Old 07-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

2004 Winnebago ADVENTURER Series M-33V-WKHRS (**) Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I bought 2004 adventure in 2010 with 13,000 miles and paid 43,000 I had to replace tires. I am now trying to find out how to get to the fittings to check the freon
codyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512 View Post
We have the same motorhome. Price sounds about right (to a little low) on what others are asking for that model and in that year range.
What people are asking has no relation to what the selling price is.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
What people are asking has no relation to what the selling price is.
Not that I have sold a lot of cars, trucks,RV's in my life but my asking price has most certainly had a relation of what my selling price was. Why wouldn't it be?

Why would the asking price have NO relation to the selling price? So the fancy motorhomes that are on dealers lots with a price tag of $220,000 is not anywhere near what I can buy one for? Will they sell it to me for $60,000? That would be no relation.

Confused
Old 07-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5 View Post
Am looking to purchase a 2004 adventure 33v with less than 20000 mi., in the mid 40000.00 range,. Does price seem reasonable and should i be concerned about basement air. Thanks in advance.
Bought the same model coach last December - It was our first RV and we are extremely happy with it. The price is about what we paid for ours and we had 42000 miles on ours. The basement air hasnt been a problem for us at all, it has worked like a champ in 10 degree and in 105 degree weather. Hope this helps
RobMoe23454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Rob, we will be in Virginia Beach in August, we are cyclists and look forward to doing some riding while there for six days.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Hi, I am the proud owner of a 2004 Winnebago Adventurer WFG-33v and purchased it new in Forest City,IA with 35 miles on it and love the coach. Like everything else they have their problems from time to time but nothing that would stop you from purchasing one. The price is quite low as I feel it is worth a lot more. I went to the NADA sites and added all the options that come with the RV and come up close to $70,000. The price that the gentleman saw in this forum was with nolthing on it. Most of them come with the "Z" package which has a lot of options like surround sound for one.
As far as the heat pump I haven't had a bit of problem with mine and it works great.
As far as tires that would be your choice. My coach has 51K on it and the tires still look good so I'm not changing them, the fronts have been changed because of tire problems but the rears are original. I take care of the coach myself so know what it has or has not.
One final thing before you buy it check to see if it has e the brake recall done because there is one on that year Workhorse chassis. The Alison tranny is tops in my book and if you take care of it by changing fluid after 5K and then after 50K you will be fine. My coach went to AK and back, 11,361 miles with no problems towing a Honda Civic on a tow dolly.
Good Luck and hope you get your Winnebago. Enjoy!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2004 33V Itaska which is almost the same coach. We love it. We bought it in 2008 and have put about an additional 35,000 miles on it. Very nice coach. We have had no problems with the basement air. It is on a Workhorse chassis and you should be 100 % certain that the brake recall has been done. They have had hood latch problems on it also. We had a HWH to the rear slide rub against the frame and burst. All and all it is a great coach. Get those brake calipers replaced. They are dangerous and it is free to have them redone.
Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

The price will really depend more on the condition, and what options, if any, are on the coach. Both the Workhorse and ford chassis are good. We have a 2005 33V on the workhorse chassis. I prefer the Workhorse with the Allison Trans with the engine brake. Expect to pay a premium if you find one with full body paint (a $6k option in 2005). If you get the Workhorse, make sure the recall has been done. We bought ours 3 years ago, so I don't know what the current used market price is. Be patient, and look for one that has everything on it you want. It's a big investment to do once, and a lot of wasted money to do twice.