Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2003 Journey cab A/C and Heater Access

I am having issues with the blower (makes noise) and A/C not working in the cab. I've checked the A/C system while it is operating and the low and high pressures are in spec. I suspect that the hot water valving/flapper is staying on when I'm running the air conditioner. How can I access the blower motor for replacement? It almost looks like the bottom portion of the front cap has to be removed???
carnut1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think that you access most of that stuff from the inside of the cab. My '02 Journey has a one piece front end cap so I don't think that's how you access that motor. It's inside under the dash anyway so it would make sense that it's mounted before the dash is put on.

This is a diesel pusher right? If so, there will be two water shutoff gate valves on the engine in two places, close to the water pump. Follow the water hoses from the front back to the engine to find them. My Cummins valves were both accessible from underneath the engine. I think my Cat has them top and bottom. Shutting those off will stop any water flow from the engine while you're working on the heater & A/C system. Also note that there is an air valve on the outside of the firewall on the passengers side that is controlled by air. The rubber hose that actuates it often rots and the hose splits. You can't see it without craning your head around so you can see the back of the air valve.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for your response. It's a diesel pusher. I spoke with Winnebago yesterday and they confirmed that the blower was accessible from inside. I had to remove all the lower dash to the right of the radio but was able to get access to the blower and the internals of the SCS airbox. My blower is shot, but I was able to confirm that the servo motor that operates the heater/AC door is working and the vent/max air vacuum servo is working correctly. The condensor fan switch is not working correctly. So, I'm ordering blower motor, condensor fan switch, new water valve and will have to evacuate the system and replace the 134. Looking forward to getting this beast on the road. We are in North Carolina and the heat is just terrible right now. I'll post an update of the repairs after the parts are installed.
carnut1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

If your High/Low pressure readings were correct, why are you evacuating and replacing the freon? Removing/replacing the fan and fan switch shouldn't break the seal on the 134 A/C system. What did I miss?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, journey