Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-11-2022, 02:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2003 Adventurer group

Hi folks,
I am looking for a specific 2003 Adventurer owners group. Can anyone recommend me?
I am new to RV life

Best

Marcos
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 06:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
Hi folks,
I am looking for a specific 2003 Adventurer owners group. Can anyone recommend me?
I am new to RV life

Best

Marcos
Welcome!

You're in the right place for good info on your Adventurer but there's no specific owners group for 2003 Adventurers here or anywhere else that I know of.

Assuming you're question has to do with where can you find help, for the most part, unless you're comparing two drastically different model years, model year doesn't have too much to do with things that can't be sorted out with the online parts manual. The model of your Adventurer (35U vs. 33V, etc.) probably means more that the year.

Also, Itasca Suncruisers are essentially Adventurers under a different name. A 2003 Adventurer 35U is going to be virtually identical to my 2003 Itasca Suncruiser 35U except for maybe some color, trim and option differences. Other than floor plans, the biggest variable is going to be your chassis manufacturer, Ford or Workhorse. Here are copies of both the Adventurer and Itasca 2003 brochures:

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Imag...nturer-bro.pdf

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Imag...ruiser-bro.pdf

You can find a wealth of information on your Adventurer, parts catalog, plumbing and wiring diagrams, etc. here:

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources

One thing that should be a priority for you right away is to learn all you can about maintaining your MH's roof edges. Winnebagos are unique in how the edges curve down and are fitted into an aluminum extrusion. Failure to properly maintain them can cause a catastrophic failure. Here's a good resource to get you started. Once you've digested this you'll have the basic understanding so you can search for relevant threads so you can learn all about the topic:

You might want to go to the User CP in the toolbar and set up a signature like mine, giving all the relevant information on your Adventurer. That way, we'll always know what you have so we can post the right advice. I'd also suggest listing at least an approximate location in your profile. Many answers to questions can be location-specific based on your local climate, etc. It can also help us in recommending specific repair shops, etc.

I always recommend that you find a good, independent commercial truck shop for your chassis issues and a good, independent RV shop or repair person for your house issues. Unless you have an unusually good local dealer, a dealer is the last place you want to go for service, especially with an older MH. I've read where some won't service anything older than 10 -15 years. Dealers are in business to sell RVs and to service those owned by recent customers. You're going to be last in line. And Camping World has an especially bad reputation.

You're probably not in my area but here are my local service choices to give you an idea of what you're looking for:

https://www.mikeandsonstruckrepair.com/

Mobile RV Service and Parts - Galt California

Keep in mind that the RV repair shops are very busy depending on the season so don't wait to get things fixed until right before a trip. It's better to get things done during the off season.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent