Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2003 35U Adventurer ride

Bought a low mile (under 25k] Adventurer and it rode really soft, so I replaced the shocks w/ Bilestein (old shocks were really bad, no damping] and that got rid of the bad up/down when hitting the freeway overpass crossings and bumps, but I still have a lot of side to side sway. It can be a little discomforting, because I am having to correct the steering constantly while at freeway speeds.Can anyone recommend a fix for that, but isn't too costly.
Thanks for any help-Brad
CoorsPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It might help others to respond if you were to post the chassis manufacturer. Is it a Ford or Workhorse chassis? I'm sure there are many that have made upgrades that could be of benefit to you and your particular chassis.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:57 PM   #3
Site Team

There must be hundreds of posts on this topic.

For wandering steering many have found that a steering stabilizer helps - I installed a Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer and it works great. But doesn't help with rolling body motions.

People install beefier roll bars and/or Sumo Srings or Air Springs for that problem. I'm leaning (no pun intended) toward Sumo Springs.

The steering stabilizer was $700 installed.. Sumo Springs are $1500 installed approximately. Beefy rear anti-roll bars are about $900 installed.

Tags
vent, adventurer