Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2002 Ultimate Advantage mystery drain

Question for you other UA owners.....I have a 3/8 white plastic drain hose that comes out underneath the chassis on the passenger side between the water compartment and the pass through storage compartment.
Literally between the walls. It protrudes from underneath....but can only be seen with a mirror or laying on the ground.

Water has been dripping from that drain all weekend. No other leaks are apparent. The water compartment and frig are dry. The bathroom sink faucets and toilet water supply don't seem to be leaking where I can see or feel.

Any thoughts or clues would be greatly appreciated.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Only thing I can think of is AC drain.
Or the low point system drain.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
aa1ssradio

Is it thr fresh water drain dripping maybe. I know on my Ultimate freedom that is the area where the fresh water tank drain is.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I'm kinda confused; my water compartment(wet bay) is on drivers side. On my MH, the water pump and fresh water storage tank viewing is on passenger side, but the rear wheel well is adjacent, then battery compartment forward of wheel well.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

It should read 'water pump compartment'.

My layout from back to front is A/C, water tank over the batteries, rear wheels, water heater, water pump compartment, pass through storage, then 3 storage bays.

It is interesting that it stopped leaking when the water supply was turned off. So 2 things....1...I'm glad Winne put in a drain....and 2....where the heck is that water coming from?

It's not the water tank overflow...mine is right behind the water tank. It's not grey or black water. Doesn't seem to be close enough to the frig to be the drain for anything. But it does fit right under the passenger side bath....toilet and sink.

Going to take the bath apart next weekend and take a look.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Jim,
On my 2002 Ultimate Freedom that is the frig drain line. I found out when I turned on the pump with the ice maker water line disconnected. All that water came out the frig drain line.

Could you have a cracked or broken ice maker line? Is there a shut off valve that feeds the ice maker (assuming you have an ice maker)? Mine is under the kitchen sink on the other side of the coach.

Lenp
lenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I do have an icemaker.....and the line wasn't leaking where I could see it....which probably means it's leaking where I can't see it.

I'll turn off the water feed to it the next time I run the coach (it's not being used now). Thanks for the tip.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

It does sound like the drain from the reefer pan to me. Look inside the reefer access area and find the hole in the drain pan, then pour some water there and see where it comes out underneath.