Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2019, 11:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2002 UA cargo (basement) doors

in a hurry @ fueling station & took out 3 cargo doors. contacted winnebagoparts.com to order replacement. found out they no longer sell & told to find a local shop to fabricate. 4 month later & i can't find someone to make these. tried internet search for 1) dealers & recycle sites, 2) rv body repair, 3)sheet metal shops, 4) metal fabricators, 5) RV parts mfg. no luck.

there's Rehorn body shop in Sacramento that does fabrication & excellent work, but, i'm in frisco tx hear dallas. i told them that if they could make these, they could make a killing. gotta be a bunch of UA, UF's out there that have the same issue.

Help????
bobmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:13 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I would think you could find a sheet metal fabrication shop in Dallas or some other big city near you. Or maybe a body shop can do it. Best I can think of, sorry.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

What are UA's and UF's?

Google says they are small Class C's? Is that right? Got a picture? That would be cool to see.

Did you try all the salvage yards? I know that's a chore because there's something like 3,000 of them, but someone is going to be salvaging your model. You might not get the same color, but the doors can be repainted. I just did that with my '02 Journey and it cost $1100. For ONE DOOR. Door from the salvage yard, paint, and labor to paint the door. Door replacement article...

Here's a small list of salvage yards: Used RV Parts & Salvage...

Note that it's often hard to get someone at a salvage yard to actually talk to.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Remember, all the Winnebago brochures are online...

2002 Ultimate Advantage brochure

The doors don't appear to be flat. Are they skinned with sheet aluminum?

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

A few years ago I took out two compartment doors on my Ultimate Freedom. Winnebago suggested a fabrication shop in Eugene, Oregon called Tri-Metal fabrication. They had all the Winnebago drawings and were able to duplicate my doors very closely. Had to have them painted after delivery. Might give them a try.

Their contact info is:
Address: 3825 W 11th Ave, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: (541) 684-9167

Lenp
lenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
What are UA's and UF's?

Google says they are small Class C's? Is that right? Got a picture? That would be cool to see.

Did you try all the salvage yards? I know that's a chore because there's something like 3,000 of them, but someone is going to be salvaging your model. You might not get the same color, but the doors can be repainted. I just did that with my '02 Journey and it cost $1100. For ONE DOOR. Door from the salvage yard, paint, and labor to paint the door. Door replacement article...

Here's a small list of salvage yards: Used RV Parts & Salvage...

Note that it's often hard to get someone at a salvage yard to actually talk to.
thx for reply jim. UA=Ultimate Advantage UF=Ultimate Freedom. mfg'd between 2000-2004.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

i tried 3 largest salvage yards, jim. the problem i ran into is they pup pics up that showed the doors i needed. sent them an email & tye said all were sold. probably should revisit, tho. thx
Old 05-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Eagle View Post
I would think you could find a sheet metal fabrication shop in Dallas or some other big city near you. Or maybe a body shop can do it. Best I can think of, sorry.
thx RD. don't know the sheet metal industry & how they make these. would you have to take an undamaged door & have them fabricate a duplicate? take drawings? thx for response.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenp View Post
A few years ago I took out two compartment doors on my Ultimate Freedom. Winnebago suggested a fabrication shop in Eugene, Oregon called Tri-Metal fabrication. They had all the Winnebago drawings and were able to duplicate my doors very closely. Had to have them painted after delivery. Might give them a try.

Their contact info is:
Address: 3825 W 11th Ave, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: (541) 684-9167

Lenp
thx lenp. i'll give them a call, i got a shop in CO that can do it, but, they said they may need me to send an undamaged door. guess they want to make sure they don't have it come back as a misfit. i'll give them a try.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenp View Post
a few years ago i took out two compartment doors on my ultimate freedom. Winnebago suggested a fabrication shop in eugene, oregon called tri-metal fabrication. They had all the winnebago drawings and were able to duplicate my doors very closely. Had to have them painted after delivery. Might give them a try.

Their contact info is:
Address: 3825 w 11th ave, eugene, or 97402
phone: (541) 684-9167

lenp
thx lenp!
Old 05-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmae View Post
thx lenp!
spoke with tri-metal & they will do the doors. best if you ship the damaged doors for parts/dimensions. seem to be quicker if they have salvage parts. address change: 77903 chisholm tr dr, cottage grove OR 97424, 541.784.9167. i've been working on this since 12/28/18. can't thank you & others enough...

Tags
door