Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2005, 06:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Our 26" RCA TV, Model F256497X41 will not broadcast in the surround sound mode. The coach has all the speakers & woofers. At GNR this year, we met a gentleman with the same problem and he stated the TV was defective and had been recalled. He got a new TV because of the problem. Winnebago says there was no recall. Any one out there have any info?
Old 07-30-2005, 06:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Our 26" RCA TV, Model F256497X41 will not broadcast in the surround sound mode. The coach has all the speakers & woofers. At GNR this year, we met a gentleman with the same problem and he stated the TV was defective and had been recalled. He got a new TV because of the problem. Winnebago says there was no recall. Any one out there have any info?
Old 07-31-2005, 06:16 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Also went to GNR. Had same problem w/2000 Sunruiser & now w/2003 Adventurer. Winnie & RCA told me the guy (he was my neighbor) got a re-conditioned, not new, TV, but was modified to fix the surround sound glitch. Winnie said no recall. RCA first said no recall, then said no recall on 442 models (mine), but there is a recall on 441's. Rats. Both Winnie & RCA were very vague on this issue, even tho it's been around for many moons. Anyway, I left without any fix to the TV surround sound problem.

Moreover, Winegard installed a new Movin' View SAT antenna system at GNR (the original auto SAT ant system had many problems). Now in addition to no TV surround sound, I have a loud hum/buzz in TV mode. But the picture's nice.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info Thudman...How did you get a hold of anyone at RCA that knew about the problem? The model number of my set ends in 41. I wonder if it's in the recall? I had the humming noise in my set too. Found that by moving the small signal amplifer that was attached to the back of the set and re-mounting it a few inches from the set, corrected the problem.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Winnie has the RCA 800 #. I airlined to Atlanta for a funeral, so I don't have it w/me; but will be back in my rig tomorrow & will post the number here. I suspect you're in the recall batch.

I think my TV amplifier has already been moved per a TSB or advisory letter, during my acceptance inspection. Could not find it when I looked about a week ago; but I'll check again.

Would be helpful to all if you could take time to set up your signature block w/type rig, year, etc.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Old 08-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thudman:
Winnie has the RCA 800 #. I airlined to Atlanta for a funeral, so I don't have it w/me; but will be back in my rig tomorrow & will post the number here. I suspect you're in the recall batch.

I think my TV amplifier has already been moved per a TSB or advisory letter, during my acceptance inspection. Could not find it when I looked about a week ago; but I'll check again.

Would be helpful to all if you could take time to set up your signature block w/type rig, year, etc.

Thudman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hey, Thudman. Do you have that 800 number for RCA so I can contact them about a possible recall??? Please let me know....Dungy
Old 08-11-2005, 04:51 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Dungy:
Here are the nums I have for RCA/Thompson:
800-679-4776; 580-634-0155; 317-415-4942.
G'luck.

Thudman

Old 08-13-2005, 07:03 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

RCA and GE TV are made by Thompson Electroniocs. I junked my two TV's in our MH. Replaced front TV with a Oroin and the rear with a Philips.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:10 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thudman:
Dungy:
Here are the nums I have for RCA/Thompson:
800-679-4776; 580-634-0155; 317-415-4942.
G'luck.

Thudman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-14-2005, 08:22 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thudman:
Called RCA/ Thompson, Jumped thru all the hoops explaining the Surround Sound situation, possible recall, etc. etc. and all I received was a "no recall, not a TV problem at all, but the way Winnebago wired the Speakers and Entertainment Center. They refused to listen to any other possible cause. Case Closed!
Old 08-14-2005, 08:30 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvten:
RCA and GE TV are made by Thompson Electroniocs. I junked my two TV's in our MH. Replaced front TV with a Oroin and the rear with a Philips. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Rvten:
Thanks for the info...I couldn't get anywhere with RCA/Thompson so if I decide to do anything at all, will probably replace the two sets as you did. Only problem is, can't find any new ones that will fit the mounting space properly. How do you get the old sets out??

Dungy