Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2002 Brave Bedroom TV

OK, pretty much got things put together for the front tv, but how in the world to I get to the coax or better yet the rear of the tv in the bedroom?
captgadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
On my 2003 Brave, I had roof top heat pumps with the output to ducts that ran the length of the MH. Any chance of getting to one of the ducts and going the length of the motorhome to the back? I believe that I read about someone doing this in another thread.

Also, Is it possible that the coax is already there? Winnebago may have installed the coax for the rear TV even if it wasn't ordered as part of the factory order. You might want to check with Owner Relations to see if the coax is already there and where it m\is located.

Good Luck

W8RLM - Bob
Old 11-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I'm sorry - I don't need to run a coax I want to know how to either remove the tv or get to the back of the tv. It appears to mounted pretty darn solid. I want to connect a Directv receiver and I need access to the back of the tv or I just might want to replace the old tv.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by captgadget View Post
I'm sorry - I don't need to run a coax I want to know how to either remove the tv or get to the back of the tv. It appears to mounted pretty darn solid. I want to connect a Directv receiver and I need access to the back of the tv or I just might want to replace the old tv.
There is probably a frame with capped/hidden screws that needs to be removed and then you can take the TV out.
The little caps just pop off the top exposing the screw underneath.
If that indeed is the type of mounting you have?
gauto5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Usually in the bedroom you take a panel off the bottom of the shelf the TV sits on.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

as John H. said remove the panel underneath the tv and if you look up there should be 2 nuts that hold the strap that goes over the top of the tv.
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

OK, I was able to remove a few screws along the front and sides so I able to bring the panel down far enough to loosen the bolts on the strap to remove the tv. Now for the tough part. Anyone know how to remove those valances? I can't feel any screws around the valance and I don't know what holds them in place. I hope they are not glued in place. I need to remove some screws along the back side of the panel so I can get the panel completely out.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by captgadget View Post
OK, I was able to remove a few screws along the front and sides so I able to bring the panel down far enough to loosen the bolts on the strap to remove the tv. Now for the tough part. Anyone know how to remove those valances? I can't feel any screws around the valance and I don't know what holds them in place. I hope they are not glued in place. I need to remove some screws along the back side of the panel so I can get the panel completely out.
Should be some "L" brackets underneath the valance.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

OK, I'll check for some.

Tags
brave