Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2002, 11:54 AM   #21
iRV2 Marketing

Q: What products do you have that will replace standard bulb type 4000 low beams and 5001 hi-Beams. I am looking for a Cool Blue or better replacement lamp for my motorhome. I think that a cross product look up guide would be very usefull on the website instead of just the automobile listings that you have. This way I can match up any of the bulbs I have on my coach to your equivalent lamp replacement. On our website we frequently endorse and recommend the Cool Blue product as a direct replacement for GE halogen bulbs. Please come and visit us at "www.iRV2.com."

A: Thank you for your inquiry. At present we do not have an upgrade for either of the mentioned sealed beams. But please check out our XENARC product line on Sylvania "¢ com. We have some incentives going on right now for the HID KITS. Please contact our Customer Service Department for further information.
Thank you,
Pam Caswell
Automotive Lighting - OSRAM SYLVANIA
800-347-3420
fax:800-347-3411
[email protected]

01 Winnebago/Workhorse Model 37G/W20 Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"
8 8
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:40 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, DriVer,

I've expressed the same concerns to many of the "auto" websites. There are no RVs listed!

Richard in Anchorage
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 37G
Workhorse W22 8.1/Allison

Richard Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 09:09 AM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DriVer:
Next best thing go in your owner's manual and look up headlamp bulbs. Write down the number and make a few phone calls. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've searched the Sightseer manual and the Workhorse manual...no bulb specs found.

Lamps are GE Halogen, and have B22 and 2A1 on one, B01 and 1A1 on the other.

Guess I'll have to remove mine and go to Auto Zone for an exact replacement.

LSU Tiger Baseball - 5 time NCAA National Champions during the 1990's!
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 09:41 AM   #24
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freddy:
Lamps are GE Halogen, and have B22 and 2A1 on one, B01 and 1A1 on the other.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The number you need to work with is decaled, inked, or stamped right on the back of the bulb. You will have to remove the bulb to see the number.

Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"
8 8
Old 11-02-2002, 05:27 PM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

Are these the bulbs you are looking for? Click the ebay site: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871377763
Looks like a good buy.

2003 Carriage CW362 5th Wheel
Tootall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 08:46 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Driver, a little more info please for us tool challenged people. Are the bulbs easy to get at and remove? I assume you are talking about just the bulb and not the entire headlamp assembly. Something you just pull/screw off and put back on. Will this have any effect on my headlamp adjustment?

Thanks

Ken Sair
Adventurer 32V
Livermore CA

07 Beaver Contessa (40 Pacifica)
mayahuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 05:00 AM   #27
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken Sair:
Driver, a little more info please for us tool challenged people. Are the bulbs easy to get at and remove? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before you start this task, know that if you attempt to remove the wrong screws you could change the aiming of your light bulbs. If you look closely and study the light bulb frame, you will see 4 screws 2 on top and 2 on the bottom that retain the lamp in the housing. The adjustment screws move the housing and the bulb. What you need to do is remove the bulb frame from the housing. It's pretty easy however your bulb frames may not be well aligned into the facia. My right side lower screws were a challenge to remove because the screws were tight up and below the figergalss facia. I was able to remove the screws after a slight struggle. Good luck!

I highly recommend that you get a practically new #2 phillips screw driver so that you don't round out the points in screw heads.

Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"
8 8
Old 11-15-2002, 07:00 AM   #28

Locally, the Zenith replacements for H4656 and H4651 headlamps are $15/each. GE is selling a similar lamp at half the price.

Any thoughts on quality differences between the two brands?

And,

Is it OK to change out the dims to the Cool Blue lamps, and leave OEM high beams in?

LSU Tiger Baseball Fan - Five-time NCAA National Champions during the 1990's!
-----------------------------
ARS W5JKC (Formerly: WD5ELJ, 9V1UQ, and WS5X)
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 09:13 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

I too thought visibility was poor at night. After reading the above comments I went to my local NAPA store with the old one.
They do not sell the Sylvania's. They do have something called a bright light made by Wagner. Better surface and 80% brighter. Bought a pair for $17 and installed them. Lights were brighter but I don't know if they were 80% brighter.

Just got back From Las Vegas with most of the driving at night. What I found was the headlamps were way out of adjustment to my taste. Very close to the coach and way right. So I started adjusting a little bit at a time at rest periods. The drive over the Tehachipi's is very dark and I supplied the only light. After several adjustments, further out from the coach and left, I think I got it.

The improvement was dramatic. A totally different experience driving at night. I am very pleased with the results. Further, I didn't have one single other vehicle flash me with their high beams so I know I didn't over do it.

Ken

Ken Sair
Adventurer 32V
Livermore CA

07 Beaver Contessa (40 Pacifica)
mayahuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 10:39 AM   #30
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freddy:
Is it OK to change out the dims to the Cool Blue lamps, and leave OEM high beams in?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No confusion here . You got it right. Just change the low beams, and leave the OEM stock high beams alone. You'll be fine.

Happy Holidays

Perhaps Santa will bring you a pair under the tree....

Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"
8 8
Old 11-30-2002, 05:34 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Just an update to the available replacements for the less than adequate OE lights on my coach. Sylvania has come out with another sealed beam white light called the Starlite which has 500 more K than the cool blue. Cool Blue has 3500K and the Starlite has 4000K. The part number for those of you with a 4 headlight system is 4656ST. I put these in and they are worth every penny...or dollar...as they run about $48.00 a pair.
Ardmore, OK here I come. Now if Mother Nature just co-operates........
Old 11-30-2002, 03:24 PM   #32
iRV2 Marketing

Good find ... this must be a new product.

Click on the image.

<font color=blue>01 Winnebago 37G/Workhorse W20 Adventurer
Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"</font color>
8 8
Old 12-01-2002, 03:39 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the correction on the name of the headlights, driver. The empty boxes were outside in the motorhome and my less than feeble brainpower must have been on off when I tried to recall the name. The part number, however, is correct. They are a new product and right now there is a $10 rebate everywhere on them. Also, Advance Auto parts was running a buy one, get the other at 50% off for those of you who would like to try them and save a little.
Off I go to check the motorhome propane as we had 3 inches of snow last night and the temp here is about 18 degrees. Keep your fingers crossed everything holds till I leave on Wednesday for Ardmore, OK.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:31 AM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the heads up on the new Silverstar. Going to check it out!

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods
FMCA 300790, Good Sam, WIT, PCA-CVR & some other ones I don't remember...
Old 05-16-2006, 11:29 AM   #35
Winnie-Wise

On my 2001 Adventurer. I have the old sealed beam's. Anyone try updating with Halagen seal beams.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #36
Winnebago Master

rvten: Our Adventurer has the same lights as yours. I've been considering replacing them for some time. I know Sylvania makes Cool Blues for that application, but I don't know if they're any better. So far I don't know anyone who's tried them.

NeilC: When I saw the price you quoted I almost fell off my chair. It looked like 9645.00 on my screen. When you said they were a bit pricey I thought that was the under statement of the year. I copied it and was going to pasted it into this note. When I did the 96 was actually the percentage sign (%).
Whew
Old 05-16-2006, 04:47 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner

I installed Cool Blues...which helped a little. But Sylvania (Silverstars) did not make a 9006x, which is what I need on my 03 suncruiser. So I installed a pair of PIAA driving lights. NO MORE dark roads now. The PIAA really puts out the white light.