Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2001 adventurer 35 drip under coach

Spending couple months in Florida and noticed a water drip underneath the coach between the entrance door and the exterior fridge access, it's about 2 feet in . I can hear a drip inside but all water lines are dry, could it be condensation from the fridge?
Phiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Could it be a drip line from the AC?
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Can't be the AC it's at the back, it's under the kitchen sink area, but the lines are dry
Old 02-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

There is a water hose coming out of the bottom of the fridge that travels behind the oven on the floor then looks like it goes down thru the floor, that's why I'm wondering if it's a condensation drip or a water line fitting
Old 02-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

If you were to use a drinking water bottle and add just a touch more water to the drip tray whether it's inside or outside the fridge depending upon the model would that help with proving the source?
Sorry don't have your model of coach so just a guess.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiggins View Post
Spending couple months in Florida and noticed a water drip underneath the coach between the entrance door and the exterior fridge access, it's about 2 feet in . I can hear a drip inside but all water lines are dry, could it be condensation from the fridge?
On further investigation the water is coming from a rubber hole in the underneath floor?
Old 02-07-2019, 06:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
On further investigation the water is coming from a rubber hole in the underneath floor?
This is definitely a good sign that it's not a problem. I have a 2002 35U and will be interested in what you find.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Do you have a similar drip?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

It might be from the water tank based on that era of Winnie.

Winnie used a small guillotine shut off (it's exactly like the valves used to empty the grey and black tanks, only smaller) and they are notorious for leaking. And the drain pipe was positioned pretty much in the middle of the RV. That drip can empty your water tank in a couple days.

I'm a full timer so I never empty my water tank (which is what that guillotine valve is for - emptying the tank) so what I did was get a rubber plug to plug the rubber pipe where it was dripping out. I believe it is 1.5" or maybe 1.25". Stopped the leak permanently for just a couple bucks. If I ever need to empty the tank, easy to remove it, only takes a minute.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Do you have a similar drip?
Not that I've noticed but that doesn't mean that it hasn't dripped on occasion.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Water tank is empty as we are hooked up to city water, I also changed the water tank drain valve a while ago. There is a rubber grommet thing , like a open pipe in the metal underside where the drip is coming from
Old 02-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Water tank is empty as we are hooked up to city water, I also changed the water tank drain valve a while ago. There is a rubber grommet thing , like a open pipe in the metal underside where the drip is coming from
For that year Winnie, I just can't think of anything that's drained out 2 feet under the RV other then the water tank drain. Even your description of it sounds like the tank drain.

Funny. Well, I wish you luck finding your leak, what ever it's leaking from.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:27 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

I think I figured it out for you and it's not a problem. If you remove the bottom drawer under your stove and the one under you're refrigerator, you'll see a drain hose coming up under the stove and over to the refrigerator where it connects to the bottom of the refrigerator.

I'm pretty sure that the drip tray hose drips into a reservoir near the burner so I think this must drain whatever condensate collects at the bottom of the refrigerator's body casing from humid air. In any case, it sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do. The difference in humidity between your location and mine, near Sacramento CA, may explain why I haven't noticed any dripping.

This thread has actually helped me solve a problem I didn't know I had. The hose and the plastic nipple has broken loose from the bottom of the refrigerator and is disconnected. I'd removed and re-installed the refrigerator several months ago and was unaware of this hose connection -- something to add to my to-do list.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:31 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Yes I believe that's it, I can't get at the clamp to remove the hose from the fridge tray to test the theory but sounds right
Old 02-09-2019, 04:31 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

I wouldn't worry about it. I measured the location of the hose from the outside and, using the measurements, verified that it heads down, inside, at pretty much the same spot.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
It might be from the water tank based on that era of Winnie.

Winnie used a small guillotine shut off (it's exactly like the valves used to empty the grey and black tanks, only smaller) and they are notorious for leaking. And the drain pipe was positioned pretty much in the middle of the RV. That drip can empty your water tank in a couple days.

I'm a full timer so I never empty my water tank (which is what that guillotine valve is for - emptying the tank) so what I did was get a rubber plug to plug the rubber pipe where it was dripping out. I believe it is 1.5" or maybe 1.25". Stopped the leak permanently for just a couple bucks. If I ever need to empty the tank, easy to remove it, only takes a minute.
FIXED, it was two issues, The city water valve was over extended allowing small amount of water to enter the water tank , actually dripping into the tank, which I could hear. The water tank valve was open allowing the drip to exit through the drain off.

I moved the city valve to the left a bit and problem solved. I still don't know where the fridge drain goes after exiting bottom of fridge.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

HAH! Good detective work there. Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Since my refrigerator hose is broken loose, when I get a chance, I'll pour some water into the line and see where it comes out.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

So, I just poured some water in to my refrigerator drain hose and it came out of a black hose (1/2"?) that I can see underneath the coach, located close to the forward, inside corner of the second storage bin aft of the entry door. There is some wiring that also comes out of the same hole in the floor.

Is this the same hose where you saw the leak or are we looking at two different hoses?

Tags
adventurer, vent