Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2001 Adventurer 32V surround sound

Hello all. I just purchased my first Winnebago motorhome and it has in it what appear to be surround sound speakers but can't get anything in the coach (dash radio, tv or DVD) to work with them. Was there a separate controller for those speakers that may have been removed or am I missing a switch somewhere that need to be pressed? The dealer I bought it from had no idea how to get them to work and is of no help whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Randy
rswauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswauger View Post
Hello all. I just purchased my first Winnebago motorhome and it has in it what appear to be surround sound speakers but can't get anything in the coach (dash radio, tv or DVD) to work with them. Was there a separate controller for those speakers that may have been removed or am I missing a switch somewhere that need to be pressed? The dealer I bought it from had no idea how to get them to work and is of no help whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Randy
Look in the right front overhead cabinet. There should be a switch labeled "Speaker Source Select Switch". The selections are either "Radio" or "Television"
This information is from the 2001 Operators manual.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...Adventurer.pdf

If it has a DVD player it's something that was added by the previous owner. It originally came with a VCR. We replaced our VCR with a DVD player in about 2006 when they quit selling and renting VCR tapes in thes country. As luck would have it we were shopping for some blank DVD's (for our current 2013 Adventurer) at a Walmart in Canada last week when we saw they still sell VCR tapes.

By the way your profile shows you owning a 31' Tiffin Allegra. Is the Adventurer something new?
Old 09-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I've tried the switch in both positions and don't get sound from either position. Yes the Winnebago is new, we just traded in the Allegro on this a week ago. Didn't know if there was supposed to be a separate amp to control the surround. Don't get sound even from the radio on the dash speakers either.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The surround sound amp on my Chieftain is located under the dash on the passenger side near the floor. You may want to unscrew the panel that contains the tv/radio switch to make sure that the wires are connected to the switch behind the panel.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have a similar issue with my 2001 Adventurer 32V,
One of my next tasks is to follow the wires from amp to speakers and try to find out where the problem is.

We have been using just the TV speakers but I like things to work as intended, so I have this on my list to repair before our trip south in Nov.

Please keep us posted on your progress & I'll do the same.

Regards and Thank You.
winnie32v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

When all else fails give Winnebago a call their customer service is pretty helpful, 1-800-537-1885. Just as a note the so called surround sound on my Horizon is more less than good.

Don G.WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the location, I'll pull the panel and look there for the amp. I had already pulled the switch and had both wires connected. It looked like they went thru an opening behind the TV so I guess I'll have to try and get behind the TV and check connections there.

Thanks again

2001 Winnebago Adventurer 32V, Workhorse 8.1

Tags
vent