Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Does anyone know where the fuses for the trailer connector are? My running lights don't work thru the connector, but the turn signals and brake lights do. I have checked the connections and they are fine.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Does anyone know where the fuses for the trailer connector are? My running lights don't work thru the connector, but the turn signals and brake lights do. I have checked the connections and they are fine.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

If the running lights DO work on the coach but not on the trailer it may no be a fuse. Trace the wiring and look for a loose connection first. I can't seem to find any seperate fuses for the trailer wiring, only the main fuses for the chassis on mine.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Kazoo Tom, the wiring diagram shows the trailer running lights connected to BRN/WHT of the chassis cable and the tail lights and running lights are connected to BRN. According to the Ford users manual there are fuses on the steering column near the brake. Since I don't have a driver's door, it is next to impossible to get a look there, actually got stuck there once working on the slide switch. Will take out the driver's seat tomorrow and take a look. Cable cam loose on the tow dolly clearance lights and may have shorted causing a fuse to go.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Mine does not have a driver's door either, I know exactly what you mean about getting anywhere near under the dash there!!
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Hilley:
Kazoo Tom, the wiring diagram shows the trailer running lights connected to BRN/WHT of the chassis cable and the tail lights and running lights are connected to BRN. According to the Ford users manual there are fuses on the steering column near the brake. Since I don't have a driver's door, it is next to impossible to get a look there, actually got stuck there once working on the slide switch. Will take out the driver's seat tomorrow and take a look. Cable cam loose on the tow dolly clearance lights and may have shorted causing a fuse to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,

I usually try sticking a digital camera in closeup mode into tight spots to scope things out before removing anything. Somtimes I do have to add a bit of extra light with a flashlight to overcome shadows from the flash. Then I review them on the monitor from the comfort of my desk while enjoying an appropriate beverage.

Your dash does not look at first glance to be that different from mine. Have you tried to flip up the instument cluster and look down from the top. When they went to the wide body design Winnebago starting hinging the whole instrument pod and secured it with velcro.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I found the fuse. It is in the engine compartment and easy to change. The fuse box is right in the center as you look into the engine compartment. The trailer connector circuits are split between the fuse box in the engine compartment and the fuse box to the right of the steering column, which I finally found, but didn't get open. You have to access it by opening the dash and looking towards the front. It is gray and the cover should come off towards the curb side. The trailer running lights is fuse 12 of the engine compartment fuse box. I will post pictures and fuse assignments when I get time.