Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2022, 12:19 PM   #1
Cman

1999 Adventurer 34V Under Dash Chime?

1999 Adventurer 34v 275 Turbo Cummins 4 speed Allison Tran. 30k miles

1. Under dash chime module sounding. A specific wired module to chime. Chime will go from faint to louder. No dash lights & not to be confused with jacks down loud buzzer… Back around 25k mi this chime was off and on, now at 30k it’s constant. Chimes at idle and at highway speeds. If at idle & if shift to neutral N chime stops… Back to D or R it chimes. Any thoughts ? Thank you, Scott Cman

2. My hydraulic slide out when pulled in will (over time) move back out 3 to as much as 6 inches… hydraulic fluid appears to be consistently at level line. Any thoughts ? Thank you Scott Cman
ScottSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

On the slide, my first guess would be there is a small leak at one of the solenoids which control the hydraulic pressure. A small bit of leak past teh solenoid will move the slide or jacks a small amount.
I think of this type solenoid as an electrically operated "gate" for the fluid pressure. The pump builds the pressure and the elcectronic controls tell the solenoid to open/ close at the correct time, so a small leak letsthings move but just a little.
Think bit of grit, etc or a worn rubber seal, possibly corroded solenoid movement?

Any chance the chime is an alarm to tell you the slide is not right and only sounds when you go into a gear for moving? Guessing there without experience on your RV!
One problem with two signs of something not right?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:54 PM   #3
Cman

Cman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
On the slide, my first guess would be there is a small leak at one of the solenoids which control the hydraulic pressure. A small bit of leak past teh solenoid will move the slide or jacks a small amount.
I think of this type solenoid as an electrically operated "gate" for the fluid pressure. The pump builds the pressure and the elcectronic controls tell the solenoid to open/ close at the correct time, so a small leak letsthings move but just a little.
Think bit of grit, etc or a worn rubber seal, possibly corroded solenoid movement?

Any chance the chime is an alarm to tell you the slide is not right and only sounds when you go into a gear for moving? Guessing there without experience on your RV!
One problem with two signs of something not right?
Thank you,

The chime started some time back, the slide movement just started. Also, the extend/retract switch keeps pushing or pulling until you let off. If this builds pressure to hold in or out, there must be a small leak … eventually allowing the slide to loosen its hold and float.
Old 02-13-2022, 11:21 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hey Cman I had a chime problem all the way home after purchasing our RV. Drove me nuts, course didn’t have to go to far

Same symptoms as yours when I placed it in any gear forward or reverse ding ding ding goes the bell. I accidentally bumped the parking brake towards me, it stopped. The parking brake switch just needed adjustment, cured mine, worth a try.

Hope this helps
Safe travels
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 03:19 PM   #5
Cman

Thank you,
Do you have air brakes ? I do. Yellow knob
Old 02-22-2022, 03:23 PM   #6
Cman

Thank you,

The chiming started a year ago. The slide inching out 3 months ago.

Will check solenoids
Old 08-18-2022, 08:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

@chaffeekid how did you adjust your parking brake switch?
rugr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugr View Post
@chaffeekid how did you adjust your parking brake switch?
This will depend on which RV you have and whether air brakes or normal hydraulic.
On many older, smaller without air brakes, there was a simple switch hung on the side of the brake pedal and it could get loose so it did not push the switch correctly. On those, look for some wiring to some form of switch that meets the pedal arm when it moves. Not many wires connect to the park brake mech.

Air? No ideas!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, vent, adventurer