Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2022, 04:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

1998 Cheiftain 34WY Autopark issue

Hi I have a 1998 winnabago cheiftain 34wy motorhome had the full sutobrake system redon accept I switch the acturator switch that turns on the autopark light and it failed on out trip had a mobile repair guy come out and he disconected the bracket at the brake so I could get moving I then bought the upgrade switches from ultrastop they are a way better design but pricey now the brake acturator works but linkage is not hooked up but looks like the brackets are too close to reconnect and I cant seem to located a picture of how it goes back together
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220807_141405.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	183722   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220807_141347.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	421.4 KB
ID:	183723  

Reidraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

First look from me would say those two are not menat to connect without some other part to get the two turned the same way??

But then that is certain to be in the chassis end of things, so I might suggest looking for info on a truck repair book , etc. Like maybe if you know what chassi you have, a book on that year Ford,Checvy, etc.?

But with a little luck there may be somebody with much better ideas come along shortly?
So good luck on the chase!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for ur reply I do have a cleves that came off but there is no room for it to be installed as the 2 parts touch it is a gm chasis a p 12 I think
Reidraider is offline   Reply With Quote