Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

1997 Winnebago LUXOR - Water System

I recently purchased a 1997 Winnebago LUXOR.

I'm having trouble understanding the Water System. Despite using the owners manual I can't seem to get the system to work properly. Is there anyone with LUXOR experience that would be willing to walk me through using the system (using & draining) correctly?
ColoCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Well I just bought my 97 Luxor have you had any luck? I read the manual and OMG. You should get some sort of award if you figure it out from those instructions.
Mike1jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

That sounds like a pretty broad question. Perhaps breaking it down into smaller sections would be easier to understand as well as get better answers? What portion seems to be the first step? Filling or running from city water would seem to be a good place to start as it takes less and then once that portion is up and running moving to using the pump, perhaps?
When first looking at the whole ball of wax, it may boggle the mind but if we break it down, it gets easier. So what do you want to do? Drain it or fill it?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I haven’t even hooked mine up to water yet. Of course I have only owned it a week now. Can’t even take it out due to covid.
Mike1jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1jag View Post
I haven’t even hooked mine up to water yet. Of course I have only owned it a week now. Can’t even take it out due to covid.
The Covid pandemic might actually be a good way to get oriented to your new RV on your property. There is nothing worse than showing up to an rv park with no knowledge of the systems you have. (I did it a few years ago). I think I used my awning wrong for at least 6 months if you can believe that is possible.

Get acquainted in the driveway will make the first trip more enjoyable.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
The Covid pandemic might actually be a good way to get oriented to your new RV on your property. There is nothing worse than showing up to an rv park with no knowledge of the systems you have. (I did it a few years ago). I think I used my awning wrong for at least 6 months if you can believe that is possible.

Get acquainted in the driveway will make the first trip more enjoyable.
This is possibly the best info going! Take some time and do some camping at home if there is a space to park it. Just setting and asking ourselves what each knob does is a worthwhile effort if we are new to motorhomes and RVs.
Since we do have time now, it is also good to actually look at a lots of small things we can do to head off big trouble later. Lots of it doesn't take much study but it also gets put off in many cases until it really bites us and costs lots more time and money.
Short list of things to check when the RV is new to us:
How to work things, of course!
Look the batteries over for cleaning , water and really consider cleaning/ reattaching the cables if they look like they need it.
Check the oil and lube situation. Lube things like the doors and anything like steps that move.
Check the seal around anything like lights that penetrate the body. A small leak can cause thousands of dollars in damage if ignored.
Got screens on any vents like the furnace, water heater or frig? I make that step one to keep the little buggers from making a home and cutting off the air supply. Lots easier to keep them out than to clean them out after it stops working.
Get really bored? Go for a wash and wax, that should keep us all busy for the few short months we are all looking at being safe.
Better safe than sick/dead or put in enforced QT for 14 days!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, winnebago