Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2018, 02:11 AM   #1
DGRBRUV

1993 Brave side Graphic

Hi all,
I have a 1993 Brave 27RC without the original side mountain graphic on the left rear side.
Does anyone have a photo showing the graphic I could get a sign maker to copy?
We are having the Winnie resprayed soon and it would be superb if we could get the graphic detail sorted.
............. we live in Wales (Uk) by the way. I can give my email to anyone who has a photo to send.
Here's hoping
Cheers
Ian
DGRBRUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Is this what you're looking for? (But probably in much higher resolution... )
Attached Images

Picture Posting Guide
charge-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:30 AM   #3
DGRBRUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by charge-it View Post
Is this what you're looking for? (But probably in much higher resolution... )
Hi, Yes, that is exactly the graphic we are looking for. Do you have a photo looking straight at it by any chance?
Old 11-04-2018, 01:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Sadly no, just that. Good luck in your quest.
You might try posting in the wanted section here and on iRV2 in case someone has access to a rig with the same type of graphic.

Maybe try contacting some of these people.

This one looks like it has a good example.

Picture Posting Guide
Old 11-05-2018, 03:33 AM   #5
DGRBRUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by charge-it View Post
Sadly no, just that. Good luck in your quest.
You might try posting in the wanted section here and on iRV2 in case someone has access to a rig with the same type of graphic.

Maybe try contacting some of these people.

This one looks like it has a good example.
Hi
Thanks for the information. I will give it a go and see what we can arrange. Great help thanks again
Old 11-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

You might be able to work from this. A good graphics person could clean it up. Have you asked your sign maker what they need?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gZGu4mRUp7.../s1600/014.JPG
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:48 AM   #7
DGRBRUV

Thanks Bob, I will see what the Sign guys think and see if they can work with it. All the photos I have seen have been on a slight angle to the graphic... One taken directly looking square on would be perfect. But with technology now, it is possible they might be able to sort it.
That is the best one I have seen so far
Thanks again, Ian
Old 11-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGRBRUV View Post
Thanks Bob, I will see what the Sign guys think and see if they can work with it. All the photos I have seen have been on a slight angle to the graphic... One taken directly looking square on would be perfect. But with technology now, it is possible they might be able to sort it.
That is the best one I have seen so far
Thanks again, Ian
You also might want to post on the vintage forum of Winnieowners.com or there may be a way to search the member roster for Brave owners of your general vintage.

Another alternative is to have the graphic painted on. I'm assuming you're thinking of vinyl, in which case you probably won't be able to get the subtle shading in the sun. The rest looks like solid colors. In addition to sign painters, check out those who specialize in boat graphics. It's also probably not beyond the skills of a local art student as long as they use the right paint.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
You might be able to work from this. A good graphics person could clean it up. Have you asked your sign maker what they need?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gZGu4mRUp7.../s1600/014.JPG
I'm thinking this is a 94 or...?
It's missing the red in the sun and the trees on the right.

If you still have the graphic on the right side I'm sure they can flip the image to make one for the left.

Picture Posting Guide
Old 11-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #10
DGRBRUV

We don't have the graphic on the right side unfortunately. It was a factory order with European speak, not sure if that is the reason the graphics were not put on, or if it was requested by the original owner?
Old 11-05-2018, 06:58 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGRBRUV View Post
We don't have the graphic on the right side unfortunately. It was a factory order with European speak, not sure if that is the reason the graphics were not put on, or if it was requested by the original owner?
Looks like ONE made it over the pond with graphics.
Maybe yours just ran into someone with a high pressure washer.

Picture Posting Guide
Old 11-06-2018, 02:49 AM   #12
DGRBRUV

Ha ha... I have been scouring the RVOC members list in the UK for another Brave, but no luck so far. I don't think a pressure washer was to blame on our RV :-)
Old 11-06-2018, 03:10 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Might as well show the right side also. (Just barely fits in there.)
Attached Images

Picture Posting Guide
Old 11-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #14
DGRBRUV

Yes, I agree. We don't plan on putting one on the right side of ours.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:37 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I purchased a 27RQ in 1993. i have a pdf of the brochure and photos (someplace). If you cannot locate graphics, feel free to contact me. You might also find a brochure with a Google search. Paint would be far better than the adhesive graphics as they are pron to crack in weather.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Ian, have you tried contacting Winebago directly, I have found every time I need anything they seem to have it or can order it for you. Theres nothing like the original! Their customer service number is 1-800-537-1885, all you need is the coach information like VIN number, Serial, year...
Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #17
DGRBRUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbud View Post
I purchased a 27RQ in 1993. i have a pdf of the brochure and photos (someplace). If you cannot locate graphics, feel free to contact me. You might also find a brochure with a Google search. Paint would be far better than the adhesive graphics as they are pron to crack in weather.
Thanks
I have a copy of the original brochure but it is not possible to scale up the photos without losing definition. If you had any jpeg photos of your 27RC that would be great to see.
How long di you have the RV in your possession?
Cheers
Ian
Old 11-13-2018, 08:41 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

DGRBRUV - We purchased the 27RQ in August 1993; kept it until 2015. Several suspension and steering mods to the P-30 chassis made it a pleasure to drive even in cross-winds. It was our first RV and a great purchase. The original decals, with the exception of the 'optional' side graphic were split and faded after only 2 years (California sun). I asked WGO to simply remove the stripe graphics; they refused. Removed most everything with a hair dryer (heat) and adhesive solvent. Send your email to me at [email protected]; I'll see what I can find.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #19
DGRBRUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbud View Post
DGRBRUV - We purchased the 27RQ in August 1993; kept it until 2015. Several suspension and steering mods to the P-30 chassis made it a pleasure to drive even in cross-winds. It was our first RV and a great purchase. The original decals, with the exception of the 'optional' side graphic were split and faded after only 2 years (California sun). I asked WGO to simply remove the stripe graphics; they refused. Removed most everything with a hair dryer (heat) and adhesive solvent. Send your email to me at [email protected]; I'll see what I can find.
Hi
Thanks fort eh info. I will send you an email and look forward to any photos you may have and also any details regarding the RV while you owned it. We have had ours for 15 years so far and travelled many miles in the UK and Europe without any trouble. We have also removed some of the faded / cracked stripes with a hot gun and solvent thanks again

Tags
brave