Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Talking 1971 Winnebago Brave

I just traded my pickup truck that i bought for a 100.00 for this rv and let me tell you it has been the best trade of my life. It has 64,000 miles on the chassiy (sp) an it s the original motor and trans. It had a leaky roof some im repairing and sealing that stuff, somebody stole the generator and the wiring is a mess but hey got to love that shag carpet lol. the furnace doesnt want to light and i have found 5 busted pipes that im fixing, also somebody replaced the fridge with a mini fridge so i cant use the 12v or lp on it which sucks. but all in all its a really awesome rv and have waited 5yrs to get this.

Thanks for reading and if you know where i can find owners manual for free pls let me know

Jeff
FF_Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Visit this site it will help you a lot in addition to this one.
Classic Winnebagos & Vintage RVs!

J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

yeah cant find anything on that site and there are really no people on there :(
FF_Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

It's not as active as this site because here there are all makes and models old and new. This site does have a Vintage Club, a Winnie Club and a Winnie chat
room. There is a source to find free info, when I find it I will post. Have fun with your new toy.
J
Old 03-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_Walton View Post
yeah cant find anything on that site and there are really no people on there :(
This site might work for you, check it out:
RV Manuals - RVing-The Midwest Connection
J
Old 06-05-2010, 03:13 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to Spudler
wow Cool somone else with a 1971 mine is a D-20 and I have about as much work if not more then you do it sounds.
if you find the info please I need all the info I can aquire on ths so I can restore it.
Spudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

The folks at Winnebago can usually provide most any technical info you need, even for their older rigs. Suggest you contact owner relations at [email protected].

There are some stickies at the top of this forum with links to various techincal data and even brochures for the older Winnebago's. Not sure you will find all you need there but it may be worth a look.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to Spudler
Thanks anything helps. I did send off a email to the address I seen posted there. I am pretty sure I can do almost any repair without info I just find it is alot easier with a little help and information most times, especially when it comes to torque specs and tricky wiring or routing designs.
I do have a A machinist handbook and a referance book on " suggested" torque specs on fastners and all sorts of info on wiring and amp per guage per feet of wiring etc. so I could eventually figure it all out or at least get close enough to be functionable but manuals are much more effecient.
Spudler is offline   Reply With Quote