Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

'15 Forza 34T A/C Heat Fan only High and Low

Well, my replaced Resistor pack lasted almost three years and now it is going out again. The thread from 2016 is locked, so I started a new thread. Does anyone know how to get to it?

Based on the previous thread's diagram, it looks like you can access it from the front by removing the plastic cup holders. There are two philips head screws at the bottom of it that are easy to remove, but the top does not release. Is it just latched somehow or are there other hidden screws? I am afraid of forcing it. Does anyone know how to get to the Fan Blower and the Resistor pack on a 2015 Forza 34T?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

This was originally posted by Bob Thompson on 08-18-17:

Here's how I changed out the fan and resistor on my 2015 Itasca Solei (identical to a Winnebago Forza)

Tools needed
Philips screwdriver (one short and one long)
Snake light/camera that works with iPad (wireless wifi endoscope) $40 from Amazon
Drill and bits
Small set of hook picks from Home Depot for $6

1 remove cup holder trim rings (they pull off), then the cup holder screws and lift them out
2 remove two screws, near the floor, holding the cup holder trim molding to its metal framework. The molding will lift off. This exposes the framework.
3 on the right of this framework is a plastic vertical dash trim piece (completes the curve and look of the dash). It should pull straight out
4 remove the cup holder metal framework by removing the four screws and set aside. You will see how removal of the fan is blocked by a horizontal piece of sheet metal bracing (refer to number 1 in my picture). Drill out its five retaining rivets and lift out.
5 replace the fan if required. Unplug the electrical connector and remove five screws and it comes out.

Resistor swap out.
6 lower the first front vertical ac hose by removing two retaining screws at the top of the hose.
7 using your snake light/ camera poked around the corner (refer to number 2 in my picture) you will see the resistor. It is joined by an electrical connector having four wires (red, blue, purple and yellow).
8 I have medium sized hands and I was able with difficulty by laying on my stomach, to get my hands in from the left lower side. With a short Philips screwdriver I was able to remove the screws and pull the resistor down and slightly out where I could work on it. Note I've got a lot of scratches on my hands and arms. Persevere it's doable.
9 in my case, the electrical connector containing the resistor wiring harness would not release from the resistor no matter how much pulling and rocking I did. I used my tool hooks to come in from the bottom to break them loose.

Do the reverse to put everything back together. I didn't use rivets but rather screws and lock nuts in the event I have to redo this at some juncture.

I called Winnebago's help support several times and they gave me advice, non of which worked, so I did what made sense. In their defense they assemble these things and don't get much of a chance to fix them like I just did.

I hope this helps someone else along the way.

Best of luck
Bob

Tags
fan, heat