Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

'09 Sightseer outside radio

We recently bought a 2009 Sightseer 35j as out first RV. Love it, but during our first and only use I tried to use the outside Magnadyne radio/CD player and now cannot get it to eject. Half the buttons don't seem to work. If it's fixable, I'll get it fixed. If not, I'll get it replaced but first I'd like to have my CD back. Any suggestions?
rotorjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
YC1
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorjock View Post
We recently bought a 2009 Sightseer 35j as out first RV. Love it, but during our first and only use I tried to use the outside Magnadyne radio/CD player and now cannot get it to eject. Half the buttons don't seem to work. If it's fixable, I'll get it fixed. If not, I'll get it replaced but first I'd like to have my CD back. Any suggestions?
Find the fuses and disconnect it for a couple of minutes. It might have just lost its mind.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Some of the Magnadyne radios have a RESET button somewhere on the front panel. If you've got one, try pressing it it see if that fixes things.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I did try the reset button, but to no avail. As for the fuse, when I got home from my trip I pulled all power off the motorhome and turned the main switches for the chassis and coach of, thus killing all power. That didn't work. I hit a few good bumps on the way home but that "percussion adjustment" didn't help it either.
rotorjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Update to the outside radio problem.
After trying all the reset and other options, I called Magnadyne. The best guess is that the board has cracked and it's not worth the money to repair it, cheaper to replace it with another one or something different. So, I tried to remove the unit only to find that it was built into the coach and the normal removal is blocked by the installation - it slides out and into the outside wall with no way to clear it. I guess I'm going to have to remove it from the inside, which requires disassembling the area under the stove.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #6
YC1
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Update to the outside radio problem.
After trying all the reset and other options, I called Magnadyne. The best guess is that the board has cracked and it's not worth the money to repair it, cheaper to replace it with another one or something different. So, I tried to remove the unit only to find that it was built into the coach and the normal removal is blocked by the installation - it slides out and into the outside wall with no way to clear it. I guess I'm going to have to remove it from the inside, which requires disassembling the area under the stove.
Take it out with tin snips and a dremel tool or saws all if possible.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The dealer told me how to remove the outside entertainment center door and door frame. That should give me the clearance to pull the radio from the front. I have the option of replacing the radio with the same model, which would just slip in. Or, I can replace it with a better radio. I imagine that if I change brands, I'll have to change the mounting rack, too. Still, it shouldn't be that difficult once I have access.
So, problem solved I think.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

For those that may care, I got the radio changed out. I took the compartment door and frame off, only 4 screws and sealant. I looked at the wire bundle and decided to have the radio shop do the rest for me. It took him about 30 minutes, and it now works just fine. the old one came out and unplugged. the new one went in the same hole, but the plugs were different. that's where I was glad he did the work as he spliced in the old harness end and it works just fine.
problem solved.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
For those that may care, I got the radio changed out. I took the compartment door and frame off, only 4 screws and sealant. I looked at the wire bundle and decided to have the radio shop do the rest for me. It took him about 30 minutes, and it now works just fine. the old one came out and unplugged. the new one went in the same hole, but the plugs were different. that's where I was glad he did the work as he spliced in the old harness end and it works just fine.
problem solved.
Thanks for the update! I'll remember your procedure in case I ever have that problem. I'm sure others have read your update and although haven't replied, they also will keep it in mind .
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, sightseer