Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

07 Vista 30B Bedroom TV Shelf

We have an 07 Vista 30B that has a TV shelf in the corner of the bedroom. We would like to install a small flat screen TV in the bedroom but need to remove the corner TV shelf to gain enough space for the flat screen. I cannot see how the shelf is mounted to the wall. Thought i would ask here if anyone knows the best way to remove the shelf without damaging the wall.

thanks very much
Crankarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Recommend contacting Winnebago, they can probably tell you how it is installed plus forward you the drawings of the wall, which will help you install the new TV.

But my best guess would be the shelf is screwed to the wall and maybe the screw heads are covered with plugs.

Good luck,
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If yours is like mine, if you look carefully at the bottom of the shelf there will be a small opening near the front of the shelf. Put a screwdriver in there and pry the cheap 1/4" plywood away, it will expose the screws that hold the shelf in place.

P32 Workhorse chassis
RocketDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the suggestion. I went down to the storage yard to look into it. Unfortunately, the shelf in our Vista is not put together that way. Or at least, the bottom of the shelf...the 1/8" fake plywood is firmly glued in place. I think I will end up just carefully using prybars to take the thing apart piece by piece.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Crankarm....How are you comming on your shelf removal? I can help on both shelf and new TV install if you still need help.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Becks: I did not have time to work on removing the shelf this weekend. Any tips you might have would be appreciated. As far as the flat screen install goes...I will still need to figure out what size will fit...I had figured i would need to get one of the swivel type mounts so the screen could be angled around as needed. there is already a 110v outlet, as well as a 12v outlet and coax at the location, so I do not expect to have to do any wireing
Old 06-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to BubbaJePH Send a message via Yahoo to BubbaJePH
Smile 2007 Vista & 2007 Sunstar 30B

I have the Itasca twin to your 2007 Vista 30B. I was able to use my 5 -1 painter's tool and was able to pry gently the bottom panel discussed above. It is stapled together. I There are several screws then holding the shelf to the wall. I removed them. The shelf came right off. I did not like the wall mounting bracket I bolted the Phillips 20" LCD TV from Walmart. There is not a lot of solid wood behind the paneling. I ended up removing that wedge off the shelf and was able to mount the TV on the shelf. Two screws hold the wedge in place. I then drilled two holes and ran screws and flat washers through the TV base and the shelf. I used nylon lock nuts and used several little screws to put the thin plywood bottom back on the shelf. Works great and I still have that shelf to bang my head on if I forget it is there in the morning. Hope this helps. I just got my New 2007 Itasca Sunstar 30B May 22, 2009. I am the 1st owner of this unit. Been out in it twice already. Cannot wait till the next trip.
BubbaJePH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Crankarm, BubbaJePH has given you great info. I did just as he states. Pry false bottem off shelf. I too then removed entire shelf, as we were sick of bumping into it. Made my own wall mount and attached a 20 inch Philips TV to back side of bathroom wall. It turns out it is a better picture than the 27 inch I put up front. Good luck.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Regarding the removal of the cabinetry for the bedroom TV:

I completely removed that in our bedroom and was surprised that two of the screws were the square drive types. My phillips wouldn't work.

I built an open shelf above the chest of drawers, on which I place a 26" HDTV (Insignia brand). It complete hides (to our satisfaction) the wiring exposed by the removal the cabinet. The TV rides face down on our bed while underway. It is a simple setup when we stop for the evening to place the TV on the shelf. We use a quick connect adapter on the RF cable. After dark we don't see the screw holes remaining in the wall and ceiling.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to BubbaJePH Send a message via Yahoo to BubbaJePH
What did you finally do with the bedroom TV situation? I am looking to change out the front TV in my 2007 Itasca SunStar 30B. Get rid of the old factory TV requiring a converter box when on local TV. I have a Digital HD - LCD to put in there. I want to keep the wood trim across the front. I see the 2009 has their LCD TV out front of the "cabinet". I'm still thinking the problem through. Any ideas?
BubbaJePH is offline   Reply With Quote