Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello, anybody out ther have this model, what do you like, dislike? anything to look outfor?
Am thinking of buying one of thse on a ford chasis, thanks in advance.
Dan Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Hello, anybody out ther have this model, what do you like, dislike? anything to look outfor?
Am thinking of buying one of thse on a ford chasis, thanks in advance.
Dan Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Fuller:
Am thinking of buying one of thse on a ford chasis, thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have one but have looked at it and feel that's it's a nice floorplan. I went by my local dealer today and Food Network chef Guy Fiere was there, picking up a new Sightseer 35J with full-body paint...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I've looked at the 35J extensively. IMHO, think it may be the best floorplan out there for space and usefulness. While there are only two humans(and no desire to sleep a platoon), we have two cats. First time I saw the floorplan and the twin bunks, I immediately thought, "pull the lower matteress and this is cat area with litterbox, etc. Even has window for ventilation. Upper bunk for all the plastic storage containers of maps, phamplets, etc. Finding a unit on the lot without the full cadre of options hard. As spoiled as the cats are, they do not need their own individual DVD player in the bunk/litter area. And with the King size bed, it is about as good as it gets. If only on the FRED chassis. (I asked Winnebago two years ago about building on FRED. Said no way. Went with UFO. Not sure best decision ever, but their business, not mine.) In the end, I remain motorhomeless. The "experts" say it is interest rates slowing sales, I say it is the cost of everything and overall uncertainty.

Richrd
Old 03-16-2008, 05:52 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RoadRohrers:
I've looked at the 35J extensively. IMHO, think it may be the best floorplan out there for space and usefulness. While there are only two humans(and no desire to sleep a platoon), we have two cats. First time I saw the floorplan and the twin bunks, I immediately thought, "pull the lower matteress and this is cat area with litterbox, etc. Even has window for ventilation. Upper bunk for all the plastic storage containers of maps, phamplets, etc. Finding a unit on the lot without the full cadre of options hard. As spoiled as the cats are, they do not need their own individual DVD player in the bunk/litter area. And with the King size bed, it is about as good as it gets. If only on the FRED chassis. (I asked Winnebago two years ago about building on FRED. Said no way. Went with UFO. Not sure best decision ever, but their business, not mine.) In the end, I remain motorhomeless. The "experts" say it is interest rates slowing sales, I say it is the cost of everything and overall uncertainty.

Richrd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main problem we saw with the 35J floorplan, is that the bunk area is wasted space for two people....and is the "King" bed 80" long, or just 75"?
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Probably short. For my wife, no problem. For me, a small one. Had problem in Discovery motorhome. Just cut a chunk of foam 6" wide and stuck between headboard and matteress. I agree it could be a waste of space, but for us, that space can be used more effectively than another closed in closet
Old 03-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The main problem we saw with the 35J floorplan, is that the bunk area is wasted space for two people.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's where a few grand-kids come in handy!
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:45 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Dan,

Welcome to the forum! As for the 35J, well we have an 07 Winnebago and really love the RV. We are a family of 4 so the bunks are used every time we go camping. Plenty of closet space and the under bed drawer is great for the kids stuff. We have the Ford chassis and have been very happy with its performance, noise level and mileage. We have about 7,000 miles on it now and last summer was the big test in our two week trip to Utah with it.

We looked long and hard when we bought it, at the time the Class A Bunk market was still in its infancy, well maybe it was walking, but then. There are many options today, but I still think the 35J is one of the best for the money.

We've only had a few minor issues, but the one to be aware of is that the rear bumper plastic on some early models has very thing walls in the corners and we started to develop some cracks. Dealer and Winnebago authorized three new pieces without any issue.

As for the King bed... for us it was one of those deciding factors, with 2 kids and a dog that space vs. a Queen bed is a big deal. We put one of the Costco memory foam toppers and it is as good as our home bed now.

If you have any other questions fire away!
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Now have a 2007 Sunova 35J. Bought yesterday. Ready to hit road soon. Wave as you go by.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:27 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

We got our 08 Sightseer for our G'Son . But when he is not with us, the bunks become a great place to store awkward stuff. You can even hide it with the curtains. We have 6000 miles in less than 1 year and have had no problems (Ford chassis).
We did not like 2 things: the small TV and the barrel chair. We replaced the TV with a 32" LCD and the chair with a Lazy Boy. We had the 35U before and loved it but we are very happy with the 35J and glad we made the change.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:44 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Thanks. The bunks are for hiding cats and storing stuff. Always seems to be stuff.