Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2006, 08:42 AM   #81
Administrator Emeritus

Found this today in manual....

Cruise Control can be used to act as a "high idle" switch when transmission is in neutral.

Also realized from manual there are "ICC switches" on "smart" steering wheel cluster.
One for headlight blink and one for marker lamp blink.

Having only been to the dealer and back a couple of times in the daylight,never knew they were there...

THAT's why I'm still reading these manuals.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:07 AM   #82
Administrator Emeritus

OK....two new issues.

The first one is that about a three inch section of the cornice wood work on the passenger slide top has come off...Was on the floor this morning. Will require longer sheet metal screws as the ones in it only have about a 1/16 reveal out of the wood...Not a lot of bite....can fix that.

Additionally,when I went out today and started the Cummins,the TripTek will not come on....Guess that's one for the dealer.

Sleeping in the coach the next two nights as we're converting the stick house HVAC to natural
gas....
Old 03-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #83
Winnebago Owner

Bob,

I have had several small pieces of wood come off since I bought Ghost Whisper in late October. I usually use carpenters wood glue and glue them back on. Just discovered another one this morning when we were making up the bed. I keep telling myself that if this is the worst thing to have happen I am in great shape. So far it is. I have had remarkably few problems and it scares me to death to even think this -

BTW - it has been my finding that the light flashing switches on the Smart Wheel require the lights to be on to work. I normally drive with the lights on anyway so it is not a problem.

Also - I bought several smaller file folders at Office Depot to separate all of the paperwork in the big black bag into managable bundles. Still have the black bag but I keep adding papers to the stack

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #84
Administrator Emeritus

Great ideas Adrian....I'll do the same with the wood pieces.

As far as the file folders,great minds must think alike as I've "broken down" my black bag as well. Don't get me wrong,the bag is a neat idea to keep "everything" together for the delivery process and all,but I'm finding that many of those pesky books aren't really a "need" to see,but a nice to have....I bought a small hard sided file box, as well as one of those brown accordion things,but haven't decided whether I'm using either yet...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #85
Winnebago Owner

My most favorite author in the world (W.E.B. Griffin) has a quote that was in most of his books for many years - "there is nothing that shows a persons intelligencce as much as when he agrees with you."

I am actually using the hard sided accordian brown cases too. They work great.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 03-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #86
Winnebago Master

Hey rebelsbeach,
Been to Fort Monroe?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:23 AM   #87
Administrator Emeritus

Many times Mark....As you may not have heard,the old Fort was BRAC'd....OF course it'll take forever to figure out how to dispose of all that ordinance....
Old 03-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #88
Winnebago Master

Hi rebelsbeach,
I sure hope the Park Services are allowed to take over the old System III fort to preserve it. We have taken several ˜Fort I'f vacations' where we travel the Golf Coast and up the Eastern Shore touring all the old System III Forts. I believe that Fort Monroe was the largest one built and encompassed many acres. History that must not be lost.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #89
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW - it has been my finding that the light flashing switches on the Smart Wheel require the lights to be on to work. I normally drive with the lights on anyway so it is not a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Freightliner docs indicate the both the headlight and marker light switches on the SmartWheel should turn them on if they're off and vice versa. However, I just went outside and tested mine and found the following:
a) Neither switch does anything with the ignition off
b) With the ignition on the marker switch will turn them off if they're on and vice versa
c) The headlights would only flash with both the ignition and the headlights on. I didn't start it, so I'm not certain of the behaviour with the DRL (daylight running lights) on, but perhaps the existence of the DRL explains the difference, since they'll always be when the engine's on and transmission in gear.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #90
Administrator Emeritus

My headlights/marker lights only blink with headlights on...

I also posted this in another topic,but I had to reverse my "check valve" in the water line on the hose reel....Arrow was point "toward" the reel and not toward the coach...

TripTek not working at all....
Old 03-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #91
Winnebago Owner

Bob - ght that Trip-tech working. It really is great to know what is happening on the engine end of things.

I am not really what good it does ot know but it sure makes me feel better

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 03-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #92
Administrator Emeritus

Adrian,not sure what happened....I've got an appointment with the dealer next week...

Also have a FRS radio light that won't stop blinking red....I've replaced the cells and even needle nosed around with the charging contacts...still blinks red,no matter what radio you put there...

What glue did you use for the wood trim?
It's a wood trim block to metal slide top...
Old 03-11-2006, 06:18 AM   #93
Winnebago Owner

Bob,

If the trim is wood to wood I use regular yellow carpenters glue that you can get at any hardware store. Do not use to much. Just get both surfaces lightly coated and press together with a little pressure - not to much or you squeeze the glue out. I usually put a piece of masking tape to hold everything together for about a half hour.

If one of the surfaces isnot wood I use a good epoxy.

Sometime I wish I still had one of my pneumatic brad nailers but the glue works fine and I have had no problems once it sets up.

Good question on the FRS radio. They are actually pretty handy so I would get it fixed.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 03-11-2006, 06:21 AM   #94
Administrator Emeritus

They are handy and they are multiplying!!

When we rejoined FMCA recently,we got TWO more!!

Old 03-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #95
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Adrian,not sure what happened....I've got an appointment with the dealer next week...

Also have a FRS radio light that won't stop blinking red....I've replaced the cells and even needle nosed around with the charging contacts...still blinks red,no matter what radio you put there...

What glue did you use for the wood trim?
It's a wood trim block to metal slide top... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Bob,

Just for drill, check the "direction" each of the batteries is in with the positive/negative direction pictures or simply the spring/clip direction. It might be possible that one of your batteries is in backwards. Is your charging unit getting "Warm or Hot" to the touch?

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #96
Administrator Emeritus

T-man, appreciate the advice,I did go out and replace the batteries in the two "suspect" radio units,it "cured" one radio but I'm thinking there's something else wrong with the other one...Each radio now "charges" in every location but that third location.
Here she is all shiny and clean today...hopefully no more cruddy weather til I can get out!!

Old 03-11-2006, 08:41 AM   #97
Administrator Emeritus

Testing out my towbar....instructions say line the vehicles up.....hmmmmm....what the heck's wrong?

Old 03-11-2006, 08:57 AM   #98
Winnebago Owner

ya got the little one facing in the wrong direction

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 03-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #99
Winnebago Master

I wouldn't even trouble shoot your radios. Ask your dealer to replace the whole unit.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #100
Administrator Emeritus

Inasmuch as the problem seems to be with one of the charging ports,that's what I'm thinking is a viable solution as well Tom....
The #3 charging slot is definitely bad...

Looks like four screws and a power clip....