Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Does anybody know if the tank level indicator light panel is fused anywhere? Mine is dead. No lights working for any of the 4 tanks.

Before I tear my coach (any further) apart, I thought I'd ask.

Thank you!
DReiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Does anybody know if the tank level indicator light panel is fused anywhere? Mine is dead. No lights working for any of the 4 tanks.

Before I tear my coach (any further) apart, I thought I'd ask.

Thank you!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hello DReiser,
The folks on this forum are very knowledgeable and helpful. However, we need to know the model and year of your coach to provide any help. That said, there are a few basics you can check: 1) are your house batteries reading at least 12 volts with a voltmeter connected directly to the batteries? 2) Is your house battery disconnect switch turned on
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I'm sorry about that... I have a 39K Journey with batteries fully charged and the disconnect switch is on. I was away last weekend when all of the sudden that panel of tank level indicator lights stopped working. I've been in search of a fuse or a breaker that controls the power. So far I've had no luck so I decided to call upon the expertise of this group.

btw, all the other buttons and switches in that panel are fully functional.

Thanks again.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

DReiser, On my 2004 Journey 36G, this is from memory, and reading the Body 12v wiring diagrams, I believe power is fed to the tank monitoring circuit board via the 12 volt circuit panel located at the base of our refrigerator. I can not recall how the circuit breakers are labeled but hopefully it will be clear.

I have also read on this forum where some of the tank monitoring circuit boards have failed. You may want to search for this to assist with troubleshooting.

Taking the one panel loose was relatively simple. I found it helpful to first plan a way to hang it once it is loose to allow easier trouble shooting.

I have installed a Sea Level II tank monitoring system and have found it accurate and helpful when dry camping. There are a number of us who have installed this system and provided a how we did it description and photos and each has taken a different approach. You can find my installation Here

Be sure to look up the other installations as there are some nice installations.

SteveG

'10 Phaeton 36 QSH-
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Have you looked through your coach wiring diagrams HERE yet?

(it's a big file so give it a chance to load)

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for your replies. I asked the question to see if anyone else had encountered this issue and how did they resolve it. It appears as though the light board is bad but I haven't figured out a way to test it yet... any ideas?

I had previously looked at the wiring diagrams and could not find any fuses in the circuit.

Thanks again.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

The tank indicating circuit is protected by the circuit breaker labeled 12VDC "Monitor/TV". The circuit includes the water pump and TV booster, so if the water pump switch is operational, that proves the circuit is good.

Does the propane level indicate? If not, that might tell you that the 'idiot light' control board has failed.
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:04 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Just a quick update. I installed the new light control board and we're back in business.

Thanks to all for their input.