Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2020, 04:17 PM   #1
2004 Suncruiser

04 Suncruiser 35u recliner

Ok I know this is a longshot but my 04 suncruiser had carpet put in it before I purchased it. They carpeted over the bolt hole for the passenger side recliner floor bolt hole for clamping down before traveling. I have the clamp hardware but so far have not been able to locate the hole under the carpet. Anyone able to give me some dimensions or general area where this bolt hole is. I am hoping it is in a typical place. ie is it toward the step, toward the wall, toward the couch or toward the passenger. Thanks
Jbcant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

My 35U in in storage but, if I recall correctly, I the bolt hole goes all the way through the floor and should be visible in the top of the storage compartment forward of the entry door. You can then push an ice pick or something similar up through it to locate it inside.

It should be easy to find.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
2004 Suncruiser

I have looked there. I assumed that maybe the bolt came down into one of the box beams. You think it should be visible?
Old 08-15-2020, 07:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

It's been a while but I thought so. Have you tried using a strong magnet? It has a pretty large metal flange unless the PO removed the fitting. You might even be able to find it with an ice pick. If you look at at one of the online floor plans, you should get a general idea of where it might be.
Old 08-15-2020, 08:58 PM   #5
2004 Suncruiser

I have already tried an ice pick and magnet but so far no luck. That is why I thought if I knew the general location it might be easier to find. I will look in the compartment below to make sure I did not overlook it. Thanks
Old 08-15-2020, 11:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The more I think about it, I believe there's a top and bottom to the fitting, with a bottom flange clearly visible in the top of the storage bay, secured to the top of the bay with two or three small screws.

I think the PO removed both the top and bottom fittings which is why you've been unable to find them. If you look carefully at the top of the storage bay you may fine that the hole has been plugged in someway, perhaps with a bolt or screw.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #7
2004 Suncruiser

Thanks Bob I was not looking good enough in the compartment below, I found it. It is near the step and is about a 2 inch square plate with a nut welded to it.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcant View Post
Thanks Bob I was not looking good enough in the compartment below, I found it. It is near the step and is about a 2 inch square plate with a nut welded to it.
Great, I'm glad I could point you in the right direction. It's much nearer the step than one would expect.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:49 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcant View Post

Yes that is were its located in my 2001 35U visible from the water heater bay however I removed that recliner to install another swivel pedestal base and reclining captains chair just like the passenger and drivers seats bolting it through and now have another belted riding position instead of the bulky recliner rocker. Now the fold down table is much more usable for 2 people. The recliner is in my study at home for now but even there sees little use.

Tags
suncruiser