Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2008, 06:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Good Morning all. This is a great site. Last weekend I went to use our surrond sound by flipping the switch on the dash. Nothing came on, but if you put your ear up to the speaker you here a slight on and off static at a constitant rythm. Is there something else I need to look for? Thanks.
Ed O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Good Morning all. This is a great site. Last weekend I went to use our surrond sound by flipping the switch on the dash. Nothing came on, but if you put your ear up to the speaker you here a slight on and off static at a constitant rythm. Is there something else I need to look for? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Ed,
I think my 04 Meridian is the same as your Journey. My surround sound is always on, there is no switch for it. It always plays from the RV radio or broadcast (air) TV. However, it doesn't play using satellite TV, just the front speakers. I am curious what switch you pushed.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Double check the switch that is in the cabinet above the passenger seat. If it is in the TV position you will not get sound from the radio. You may have switched it accidently.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Hi Ed - welcome to the forum

Like Bob said - check your rocker switch for house/chassis battery - that's what turns mine "off" sometimes. My switch is is on the dash.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I went back out to the motorhome to verify the switches. Rocker one on the dash for the radio is on Aux. for surrond sound and the switch above the passenger seat is on TV. Only thing I get is a very low hiss out of the speakers. TV speakers are fine. Not sure what else it could be unless a wire in the back of the TV has come loose. Never had this happen before. Always worked when I switched it over to Aux. radio. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

If I understand you correctly you get sound from the TV speakers but only static from the surround speakers. If this is the case you need to go into the menu on the TV and change the audio output from TV to external (or something like that). If that doesn't work you might have a loose connection at the back of the TV and you might be able to reach in from the back to check it or see it, otherwise you will have remove the trim materials to get to it. I think it's the audio output and not a loose wire.
LV Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. I went to the Audio menu on the Sony TV and you can only change from stereo, Mono Auto Sap. No external option. I will probably need to look for loose wires next.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:30 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I had a similar problem and after closer checking I had a terminal connection come loose on the back of the TV/Radio switch in the cabinet on the passenger side. Since this happened a couple of times I have added a little more wire and a new connector.
Dunnpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks! I will look at that tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Ed O, You need to put in your coach information. The Aux switch only tells where the power is coming from to turn on the radio (Aux = House batteries). The switch you are looking for is marked "Radio" on one side and "TV" on the other. The location of this switch varies in different coaches. Make sure it is in the right position for what you are listening to. Please check it out before looking for loose wires.
B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Fixed! I went to the Radio/TV switch in the upper right hand cabinet next to the TV and pulled the switch. Left wire was all the way off. Hooked it back on and now it's a done deal. Thanks for all your help. I will add my coach info for the future.