Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

04 Journey Radiator leak ???

We have antifreeze running down the drivers side rear rad. Is there a hose or clamp top left that we can't see (sure hope so) or shall we assume we have a leak. I keep reading about the dreaded heater core, I hope it is located in front of the MH. We are taking it in on Tuesday.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Could be a hose connection. I had one that just sort of started leaking at about 12,000 miles. I tightened it up, then tightened about 4 or 5 more I could reach. No leaks since.
Could also be a radiator problem. Usually a quick crawl under the rig w/a flashlight and you can find the problem area pretty quick.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You may have to open the access hatch in the back/under the bed to get to the upper hoses and clamps.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Your heater core is in the front of the coach, passenger side. Hopefully, you have a hose or fitting leaking and not the radiator.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

On the driver's side of the rear radiator on my 2006 there is a small 90 degree elbow that screws into the left side of the radiator near the top 1/3 or so. On mine this elbow was not tight, and it leaked a bit. I would check there first and tighten it. On mine it needed about another half a turn. It can be hard to tell it is leaking when engine is running because of the heat and air movement in that area, but you can clearly see it once the engine is stopped. The 90 degree fitting was right behind the flexible material that goes along the left side of the radiator (when looking from the rear of the radiator).
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thx Clayton, we were under the bed looking today and seems to be in that area. It's getting cold here so DH is going to let the mechanics figure out how to reach it tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Update, it was the hose and elbow from the overflow tank. Cost 1 1/2 hour labor some tape and clamps, antifreeze. $99
Beabop is offline   Reply With Quote