Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

03 Journey Questions

On my 39' Journey DL the slides seem to be low on hydraulic fluid and I didn't get a HWH manual when I bought it.
Can anyone tell me where the hydraulic tank is for this thing, and what fluid I should use.
Also no Manual on the HWH jacks and no model numbers on the switch's left of the drivers seat, and I've not figured out how to drop the air bag pressure before I hand level. It does not seem to level automatically, but I may not be doing it right (I always like to use the wrong way 1st, Slow learner).
Any help about kind of fluid, model of jacks, or tank location would help.
Thanks
Dick D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

on my 02 Journey DL the tank is under the living room slide area towards the front. I have never added any fluid so can't help ya there. When I turn on the jacks pad it automatically dumps the air in the suspension and then i level it up using the indicator lights on the panel.

Phil
workinrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Open the rear most door on the living room slide and look behind the rubber flap and you should see the manifold and tank for your slides and jacks. Remove the cap on the tank and read the dip stick attached to the cap. Always check the fluid level with your jacks in the stored position, not extended. Most folks use Dexron transmission fluid.

Go the the HWH Corporation website and you can find the manual for your system. If you don't know the model number, you can look thru the various manuals until you find the control pad in your coach and that will be it. Or, you could call Winnebago owner relations, give them your coach serial #, and they will tell you which model system they used. Probably the 310 in your model year.

As noted, when you activate the leveling system, the system usually dumps the air from your suspension and the yellow lights identify the low points.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

On my 03 Ultimate you start auto level by hitting the power button once, then immediately again. The air dumps, then the power light blinks while it goes through the leveling process. It turns itself off when completed. Tank location is a described. The tank cap/plug is to be hand tightened only. When you check fluid, you must do it with jacks up and slides in for proper level.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I saw a HWH quick sheet on Ebay. You have already got some good info, the pump is behind my LR slide with a metal cover. HWH fluid is what I used. Good luck
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

What a wonderful Forum. Almost immediately I had the answers to the questions I had asked.
Thanks, so much for the information and all the help. Now I can get back to work on this new (to me) toy.
Dick D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Regarding Journey hydraulic slides. Our slides developed a leak and you could see the fluid leaking into the basement cabinet below (Journey DL GD 2002). It turned out that our lines had dry rotted. There were a lot of problems with the Journey hydraulics for years and they finally stopped using them in their units a few years back. If you are losing fluid, check for leaks and that the lines are not rotted. We had all of ours completely replaced and have never had to do anything with the fluids. Hope this info is helpful.
15650street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:45 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

HWH Slides

While you can use Dextron in the HWH systems, the manufacture does not recommend it because if you have a leak inside the coach the red dye in Dextron will stain everything. You can buy clear HWH from dealers or HWH direct. I have also used the same 295 spec transmission fluid that you use in your Allison transmission.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Go to HWH Corp and you should be able to find the manuals and other technical info for your jacks/slides. You should be able to match up what you have with the info in the manuals to figure out which system you have.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey