Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

No power to anything in the house when shore power is removed. Generator won't start either. It will over power the inverter when I try to start it with shore power hooked up. House batteries over 12 volts, start battery over 12 volts. I've about run out of things to look at. I've checked every fuse and breaker that I can find on both the house and chassis side. Thanks...

2006 Landmark Grand Canyon
ole Hippie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

No power to anything in the house when shore power is removed. Generator won't start either. It will over power the inverter when I try to start it with shore power hooked up. House batteries over 12 volts, start battery over 12 volts. I've about run out of things to look at. I've checked every fuse and breaker that I can find on both the house and chassis side. Thanks...

Old 10-29-2007, 04:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Did you check the 40 amp breaker? Mine is located under the dash panel next to the Winne add on fuse box. The breaker cap is orange with a 40 stamped into it.
1995Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:19 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

If it is an 02 Brave, There is a breaker panel under the steps behind the batteries. You have to remove a carpeted panel and will find circuit breakers and solenoids behind it including the main 12 volt circuit breaker. Had it happen to me a few months ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I've looked in both places. Under the step all of the breakers were in, and under the dash I really looked there carefully. I couldn't see any kind of a breaker. Also under the hood where I check all of the fuses, and didn't see any breakers. The inverter is working fine, and the fuses were good also. I looked at the solenoids under the step, one has one small wire to it and the other has two places for smaller wires. Which is the one that is used for the house battery disconnect. None of the small wires have any voltage to them. The solenoid that has two small wires to it have power on both sides for the heavy current cables, the other only has power on one side that's connected to the other one. The start system works good, no problem there. Thanks for your help.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Do a search for Transfer Switch. There have been some comments about the Transfer Switch not swithching when changing from shore power to generator.

2002 Brave 34D
JnGOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Well, I'm really not used to motor homes, I'm a fifth-wheeler. The m/h belongs to my wife. I called Winnebago and talked to them, Well make a long story short, I turned the Aux battery switch on and now everything works.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Glad you found it... Now to prevent it from happening again. Get one of those little plastic covers at Home Depot and place it over the Aux Switch.. If it's in the stairway it's very easy to trip..
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote