Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2014, 04:39 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Like I said, we are servicing everything & repairing what we already know is problematic as well as a R & R of the motor. I'm not foolish enough to think that's all we need to do. The mechanic we found is showing us everything & working with us on making this as reliable & safe as possible. Yes, we are looking at tranny. Yes, we are repairing the entire exhaust system. Yes, we are fixing a fuel leak. Yes, we are servicing the gonna, electric, and tanks. We may not have started out smart, but we can learn from what we've done so far.

I appreciate all the advice, sharing of your stories, and wisdom. We took a lot of it under advisement & have made the decision to keep the RV we have & fix it up. I'm not mechanically inclined, but I love doing major redecorating/upgrading. Our long term plan includes spiffing up,the kitchen & replacing the back board & side between stove & fridge (likely with Corian scraps). We already have an appointment with Ernie for next summer to change out the flooring. I may be crazy, but I like renovating the space I live in. So, look for us. We'll be out there.
Textronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textronics View Post
The price was for another as is motor which we vetoed. We are going with a new motor with a warranty. When putting it all back together, we are fixing other things that became apparent as this was taken apart like the exhaust system. The total will be about $4500 parts & labor. We have decided to go this route because it will provide us with what we hope to be a rig to enjoy with no debt once this is fixed. We recognize that this is not the last expense we will put out. But, it's our baby. So, yes, the pleasure & love of the rig is playing a role.

DH enjoyed the RV more than he thought he would and realizes that he's not going to live forever. He says he wants to go do while he can go do. We like the layout & livability of the rig (for 2 of us as it has no slides), & the ability to pick up & go pretty much whenever we want to.
Good for you, Used motors are a gamble, the peace of mind having that warranty is worth the price , as well as knowing all the extras should new (water pump, belts,fluids,etc). I hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours!
Old 07-11-2014, 02:31 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Good going mine is the same way but everything done is one thing less to do.
ebrownell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr