Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2023, 07:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Wiring VIAIR Onboard Air System

I'm installing a VIAIR Onboard Air System in our 2016 Minnie Winnie 31K. The compressor is the 450C, which pulls approximately 23 amps; it is recommended that the engine is running when using the system. I have our batteries removed (for winter storage) and unable to test my ideas, therefore would appreciate your thoughts regarding my plans for wiring.

The 'Battery' connection for the VIAIR, would connect to the 'Isolated Stud' on the RV diagram, which connects to the vehicle starter assembly via the starter cable highlighted in red. It is understood this would effectively connect the VIAIR to the chassis battery.

The 'Keyed Power Source' for the VIAIR, would connect to the middle post (wire LR) on the 'Battery Solenoid' on the RV diagram. It is understood that this post is used to energize the solenoid, connecting the vehicle charging system to the RV House batteries and only powered when our RV is started. With the VIAIR using this as the 'Keyed Power Source', it would only be able to run if our RV was started.

Thoughts? Many thanks for your assistance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VIAIR Wiring.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	657.7 KB
ID:	185584   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Diagram.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	185585  

mduff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags