Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-28-2015, 06:36 AM   #21
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I have call many times over the last three years. Most times the wait was less than 20 min. All calls were answered with knowledgeable CS people and very polite. Last call was two weeks ago checking on a part and had some question. It was on a Monday. Wait time was about 40 mins. The CS guy was very polite and answered all of my question. He check to see if the part had shipped.
All emails have been answered within two days unless it was a holiday or the week end. The answers and the attachments were great. Our local dealer and the CS at Winnebago are two reasons we keep buying the coaches.
The many reason is I think it is a good product.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
I have call many times over the last three years. Most times the wait was less than 20 min. All calls were answered with knowledgeable CS people and very polite. Last call was two weeks ago checking on a part and had some question. It was on a Monday. Wait time was about 40 mins. The CS guy was very polite and answered all of my question. He check to see if the part had shipped.
All emails have been answered within two days unless it was a holiday or the week end. The answers and the attachments were great. Our local dealer and the CS at Winnebago are two reasons we keep buying the coaches.
The many reason is I think it is a good product.
Jim, fortunately for you your experience is what was the norm not many years ago. Today the quality of the newer CS techs has dropped below the original founding standards. The last time I emailed for a schematic I was told that what was published in the web Resources was all that was available. I know this is not so. When I called with a question, back a month or so ago (I don't recall the question) the young woman was curt and rude in her "couldn't help me" response. I had never experienced this before.

The artical http://globegazette.com/news/opinion...bc0da2da3.html seems to see Potts in a different light than we, the owners, do. His CS staff and QC in the plant are both failing, in my opinion. To make money one must start with the way it is being spent. Winnebago is practicing "let the dealer fix the production problems" game and paying out big bucks for correcting poor quality factory work. The ripple effect is showing up all across the company, as most of us are now seeing.

My opinion is based upon my experiences with two Winnebago coaches in 8 about years.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 08-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlucky View Post
I called last week with a question. I was on hold for about 30 minutes, but when the CS rep came on the phone he pulled up a schematic of my motorhome and then sent it to me via email.

No complaints here

Bill
To Bill and others reading this thread; It is helpful to all of us if your profile at the end of your thread posting reflects your rig and setup. It is the quickest way for us to know how to respond correctly to your post.

Bill, if you have an older coach there seems to be more electrical info for them than for the newer coaches. This has been my experience in any case.

Happy trails and I hope your problem is resolved.

Rick Y
Old 08-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via MSN to Saber77
I was somewhat disappointed with the factory tour. We were unable to view very much of the actual assembly process. I took the Newmar factory tour several years ago and it was really nice. The CEO personally met us and the tour was up close and personal instead of a couple of overhead views from the catwalk.
Saber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

OK!

I updated my signature. Lets see if it works

Bill
2016 Itasca Sunstar LX 27n, unattractive brownish hue. 530 Watts roof mounted solar, 165 Watts portable solar, Winegard G2 Sat Antenna, Progressive Industries Surge Protector, TPMS, Sirius Satellite Radio.
superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #26
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I would like to say that I have been very pleased with my contacts at Winnebago CS. I am retired and can afford to place my phone on speaker and do some reading or talk to my best friend (wife) while I wait. I would like for the wait to be shorter but I understand that one of the biggest and best has a lot of calls.
This is my 5th Winnebago/Itasca. I enjoyed all of them. And still miss the DP. But my new Class C is fun and just right for what we are doing.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:50 PM   #27
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlucky View Post
OK!

I updated my signature. Lets see if it works

Bill
Simple but effective.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

I reported that WBGO CS was doing OK. We had a window gasket replaced at the end of the warranty period last year. Well that did not fix the problem. It still moves about 2" then the gasket bunches up and that's all it moves.

WBGO's response sayid that it is beyond their 12 month or 15,000 mile warranty and I have to move on to Lippert to have any further work done. that didn't make me very happy.

I sent them another post which may or may not be answered. If something during the warranty period is fixed but the fix does not work that means that all is well and they don't have to step up??? That sure sounds like a plan to me. Just make all repair attempts half measures and you can pass the buck to the next company. Or hope that the customer gives up.

We'll see. I may call today since it's Tuesday.

TeJay
Old 09-02-2015, 07:06 AM   #29
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
I reported that WBGO CS was doing OK. We had a window gasket replaced at the end of the warranty period last year. Well that did not fix the problem. It still moves about 2" then the gasket bunches up and that's all it moves.

WBGO's response sayid that it is beyond their 12 month or 15,000 mile warranty and I have to move on to Lippert to have any further work done. that didn't make me very happy.

I sent them another post which may or may not be answered. If something during the warranty period is fixed but the fix does not work that means that all is well and they don't have to step up??? That sure sounds like a plan to me. Just make all repair attempts half measures and you can pass the buck to the next company. Or hope that the customer gives up.

We'll see. I may call today since it's Tuesday.

TeJay
Lippert may have been a good choice to visit earlier on. Have you contacted them yet or at all? Winne only installs the stuff. Many times the manufacturer of an item in question my have a better solution. I am not defending the feet dragging of the factory. Besides, this issue was NOT ever resolved, though reported under the warranty period.

I hope you get a better resolve to this issue.

Rick Y
Old 09-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

If an attempted fix occurred during the warranty period, but doesn't fix the problem, I'd say the clock was re-started on that particular item.

Regardless, either they do it right and fix the problem or I would go to Small Claims Court.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:23 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

I tried to call WBGO 2 days ago and the call rang, rang then timed out 2X. No luck. So I called Licjtsinn Motors in Iowa and spoke to the SM. He gave me a number for Lipperts in SB, IN. Spoke with a very nice lady who was helpful. She wants pictures showing the bunched up gasket.

I decided to take matter into my own hands and ended up taking the gasket and window out. The gasket was 2" to long which allowed the extra gasket material to be available for bunching up.

The gasket and window are all back together but the window is still way, way to snug in the track. I can open and close it but the DW will not be able to. I lubed the track again and it's OK until the lube dries up. I've tried baby powder with not much success.

The Lippert Gal asked me to send pictures. Well since I took out the extra gasket material it won't bunch up. I'll let it set, take some pictures and tell her that it can not be opened without a great deal of effort and we'll see what happens.

Still have not heard from WBGO. It's only been 2-weeks.

TeJay
Old 09-03-2015, 06:54 AM   #32
Winnebago Master

Have you tried lubing the window with something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-Industrial.../dp/B000P1E7ZS

We used silicone spray, but as you mentioned it doesn't last long. We switched to this because we bought a couple cans for lubing the slide motors, as recommended by Winnebago. It seems to work better than anything we've tried before, and lasts a long time.

We use it on the windows, compartment doors and locks, the awning struts, slide motors, and just about anything else that moves.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the reply,

I just went out to the MH to get the two spray cans that I have used. I opened the window about 2" and that was not easy. The gasket did not bunch up at all. Here's what I used that did not last:

Liguid Wrench. Dry Lube with CERFLON (Ceramically - Reinforced PTFE
Applies wet, dries quickly. Works into surface For Lasting Lubrication.

It did say to shake which I may not have done. I'll try that first.

"Blaster" All purpose Lube Does not list any ingredients. Upon further looking it may be more for metal to metal lube than rubber. Would have to check the Data Sheet on line but it is similar to WD-40.

I'll try the LW stuff a few more times and see if it does leave a powder behind after it dries.

Thanks,
TeJay
Old 09-04-2015, 08:06 AM   #34
Winnebago Master

303 ?? Many products will attack/damage the rubber. 303 will not, and keeps my roof vents from sticking.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #35
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Thanks for the reply,

I just went out to the MH to get the two spray cans that I have used. I opened the window about 2" and that was not easy. The gasket did not bunch up at all. Here's what I used that did not last:

Liguid Wrench. Dry Lube with CERFLON (Ceramically - Reinforced PTFE
Applies wet, dries quickly. Works into surface For Lasting Lubrication.

It did say to shake which I may not have done. I'll try that first.

"Blaster" All purpose Lube Does not list any ingredients. Upon further looking it may be more for metal to metal lube than rubber. Would have to check the Data Sheet on line but it is similar to WD-40.

I'll try the LW stuff a few more times and see if it does leave a powder behind after it dries.

Thanks,
TeJay
The CRC Power Lube goes on wet and leaves a white coating when dried. It only takes a couple minutes for it to dry. This is the stuff Winnebago recommends for slide motors and gaskets.

We also tried other products including the Blaster before buying the CRC. None seemed to work as well as the Power Lube with PTFE. I have no connection with either Winnebago or CRC other than the fact that what they recommended seems to work.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #36
Winnebago Watcher

You are not the only one. Average wait time 40 min and then poor answers.
EMERITUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Hikerdogs. I was just reporting on what I had used which didn't work. The LW stuff did have the PTFE in it but man it just does not work. I may order the CRC stuff and see if you are lying to me or not. Just Kidding. I know you'd not do that. I'll order some today so it will get here before we head out on the next trip. There may be a few places in town that may carry CRC stuff. I'll check that to.

I just sent pictures to Lippert with a detailed description of the issues. I can move the window if I squirt it then move it. After it dries I squirt it again and close it. That ain't gonna work.

I'll wait for Lippert and WBGO's responses and go from there. It's frustrating. I can fix darn near anything. With this I can't replace the rubber with something better. I can't shave the window down. I can't make the frame slightly bigger. I've loosened the frame cover rim and it didn't help. I asked Lippert if they had any suggestions that i might try.

AFChap suggested some 303. I like that stuff and do have it I'll run out now and try it. Anythings better than what I've tried so far. It really takes everything I have to move the window and I'm not kidding. Next I'll install some zerk fittings and lube the krap out of it. That will work. The darn Cat will probably lick it off and die. Then I'll really be in trouble.

TeJay
Old 09-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #38
Winnebago Owner

It would take a lot for me to buy a different brand.

I know these things (RVs)are imperfect, but, mine is working out pretty good.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #39
Winnebago Owner

I've had mix results with calling CS. The last time I called I received a curt reply and was basically told to look on line or go see a dealer for info.

Was surprised as I've called before and they were very helpful. Guess it depends who answers the phone.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #40
Winnebago Owner

Well AFChap suggested I try 303 on the window slide, so I did. It has worked the best. I'll give it a few days in the heat to see what happens. I tried it after about 4 hours and it was still good. Nothing else that I've tried has lasted even an hour.

It's not great but at least I can open and close it with just one hand.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've used 303 for about 15 years but keep forgetting I have it.

TeJay

Tags
service, winnebago