Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
P&S
Winnebago Watcher

Fresh water,Black tank,grey tank LP tank all register when at their levels. Their lights stay on all the time. The battery charge indecator stays on 1/3 charge and reduces to empty over a period of time. 2/3's when generator is running.When you press the Test Level button it registers full charge. Gone for two days and came back to drain batteries, only thing left on was refrigator on LP gas. Had to leave again so I couldn"t work on the problem. Going back soon- any good sugestions out there to resolve this problem.
P&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #2
P&S
Winnebago Watcher

Fresh water,Black tank,grey tank LP tank all register when at their levels. Their lights stay on all the time. The battery charge indecator stays on 1/3 charge and reduces to empty over a period of time. 2/3's when generator is running.When you press the Test Level button it registers full charge. Gone for two days and came back to drain batteries, only thing left on was refrigator on LP gas. Had to leave again so I couldn"t work on the problem. Going back soon- any good sugestions out there to resolve this problem.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi P&S,
Welcome to the IRV2.COM forum. A couple of suggestions that may help us to help you better.

1) Include information about the model and year of coach you have.
2) Try to present one issue in one post.
3) You may want to take a look in the Winnebago owners forum where more WB owners may see your post...

Here is a stab and your problems:
Indicators.
Most are less than 100% reliable at best. This is due to several factors. Tank level indicators work with sensor nodes. When water sloshes around in a moving vehicle, you may get readings for a time that are different than those in a coach that has been parked for a while.

Batteries,
Depending on your model, various parts, sysems, and pieces can produce a battery drain on the chassis or coach batteries if not offset by some sort of incoming charge.

Give us a little more info and perhaps others will jump in also.

Walt
Old 08-10-2005, 01:04 PM   #4
P&S
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Walt,
Sorry I didn'T make myself clear.
I have a 2004 Winnebago Brave 34D/Workhorse Chassis.
My lights stay on all the time on my Systems Monitor Panel. They should only light up when I press the Test level switch indicating their capacity.
How do I get to Winnegago forum.
Thanks again
Paul
Old 08-10-2005, 02:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Paul,
I'll move this post to the Winnie forum for ya.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Paul,

Sounds like either your Test Level switch is defective or something is shorting across it behind the panel. On my OnePlace panel there's a wood screw at the top and another at the bottom. Remove those 2 screws and you can pull the whole panel out and check the wiring behind it. If the wiring looks OK and you have an ohmmeter, pull the wires off the switch and meter it's function.

Good luck...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:42 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Kiwi and Islapp:
Is this not the Winnie Owners Forum? The top of my page says it is.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:46 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

P&S, check your house batteries' water level in the cells & fill up to the ring. Charge with the genny or plug into shore power. Ensure coach power switch (by the door) is turned "on". (Note: batteries will not take a charge if coach power switch is "off").
There are parasitic loads on the both the coach and chassis batteries, little milliamp draws like the propane gas sniffer, the outside entertainment radio, the engine ECM, etcetera...) I suspect you have a electrical short near your EMS One Place panel, hence the indicator level lights are always on. Your fridge on LP will draw very minimal 12vdc current loads; should be able to run the fridge at least 4 or 5 days without charging the house batteries. Try to get a good hydromter or battery load tester and check out your batteries. It's not unheard of to have a new battery with a bad cell. If you suspect the battery water was below the top of the plates in the cell for quite a while, your batteries will need desulphating too. Keep us posted on your efforts, OK?