Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Where is Aux input (like iPod) on Magnadyne M9900CDS?

In our 2007 Winnebago Sightseer our outside stereo has an Aux input jack to plug an audio device (smart phone, iPod, etc) into it as a source and just turn it to Aux, works great...but I cant find an Aux input jack on our dash mount Magnadyne M9900CDS. We are leaving on a trip this Friday so I dont have much time but we just got a new cell phone that has incredibly easy ability to record music and we want to pipe it into our dash stereo while driving....the outside stereo is fine once campted, but that wont help the dash stereo...I've read the manual, and posts here but cant figure it out...

I also looked in the comparments above the driver and passenger seats

Anyone know if there is an aux jack somewhere? (Or an easy way to add one?)

Any help appreciated!!
MoonchaserTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The connection is located in the back of the radio so it needs to be removed from the dash. You should have received two U-shaped rods that are inserted in each side of the radio to release the clips so you can pull it out.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

BobGed is correct, that is exactly where it was on mine, a 2007 Voyage. If my memory serves the inputs were RCA Type Plugs (left and right) I purchased an adaptor harness at Radio Shack and simply left the plug for the iPod cable hang out under the radio.
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

In my 2007 Voyage there is a black cable rolled up at the floor line at the firewall in front of the passenger seat. I only recently noticed it, I ssumed it was an input for the dash stereo but if not does anyone have an idea what it is? It has a small plug on the end of the cable.

Thanks
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

If it's a small plug and you have puck mounted on the outside of your roof it could be for Sirius/XM radio.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Wow, thanks for the info...I dont remember seeing u-shaped rods but I can visualize what they would look like. We're leaving in a few hours so no time to go back into town to the RV service shop now.....wonder if I could cut two pieces of bailing wire to work?...there are 4 holes in the faceplate where they must go..so it just pulls out forward eh?
MoonchaserTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonchaserTX View Post
In our 2007 Winnebago Sightseer our outside stereo has an Aux input jack to plug an audio device (smart phone, iPod, etc) into it as a source and just turn it to Aux, works great...but I cant find an Aux input jack on our dash mount Magnadyne M9900CDS. We are leaving on a trip this Friday so I dont have much time but we just got a new cell phone that has incredibly easy ability to record music and we want to pipe it into our dash stereo while driving....the outside stereo is fine once campted, but that wont help the dash stereo...I've read the manual, and posts here but cant figure it out...

I also looked in the comparments above the driver and passenger seats

Anyone know if there is an aux jack somewhere? (Or an easy way to add one?)

Any help appreciated!!
See - magnadyne m9900cds manual - Google Search

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

BobGed:

I do have the XM/SIRIUs Antenna but it must be connected to the dash radio as XM/SIRIUS works on the dash radio. I have the unit in storage at the moment and will investigate closer next visit to the storage yard.

Thanks,
Old 09-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Went to the MH and investigated the unknown cable, discovered it was the cable to the right side-view camera. The wife must have got her foot caught in the cable, found the cable from the camera coming through a hole in the side wall with a matching plug up under the dash. I noticed the right camera had stopped working on the last trip.

Standing on my head connected the plugs and now have a working right side-view camera. Winnebago must have wound the extra 5 feet of cable in the dash and it fell out and hit the floor.

If you have any issues with the side view cameras you might look for this cable, I imagine the left side is the same.

To OP, on my Voyage, there is a rounded domed cover above the radio area of the dash held in place with 3 screws. Once I remove that domed cover, I have access to the radio below the Voyager rear view monitor. I can see the pigtail for the aux connectors lying on top of the radio.

Probably easier than removing the radio if you have a similiar opening on the top of your dash.

Good Luck,
Old 09-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

You can bend a metal coat hanger into the U shape and insert it into the holes. Push hard enough to move the spring clips out of the way and the radio should pull out the front.

Happy trails.

p.s., also look for a rolled up RCA Phono plugs, red and white, that may be the input. According to the manual it appears that Audio out from VCR or TV is fed into the RCA Phono plugs to use the radio system for output.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Don't think you need to pull radio. Just get to the RCA plugs and plug in adapter. RCA to head phone plug. I got to mine by removing dash cover piece.

Then switch radio to Aux in 1 or 2.
sam-tip is offline   Reply With Quote