Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Just came back from an RV show and notice that several brands including Winny now have two, yes two big TV's in the salon and another in the bedroom. I can see one in salon and one in the bedroom but why would anyone need two big TV's in the salon? Am I missing something here? How many TV's can you watch at once in one room?
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Monkey see, Monkey do....
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Stereo viewing?
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

And the option of having a 4th TV in the exterior compartment to boot!

I remember when we were young, camping in a tent and cooking on a fire. We would see folks pull in with their little Shasta's with one little B&W TV and we would laugh and say, 'they aren't camping. They even brought the TV with them.'

Now we 'camp' in a DP with a flush toilet, convection mircowave, and three color TV's with Direct TV from the roof-top dome My how we get spoiled.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I think, in most cases, it's because the main salon tv is covered by the slideout when it's retracted. So, they offer an optional front overhead tv for those that just can't be without their tv when the slide is in....
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Multiple TV's are needed in the salon so your sons can play PS3 video games on one TV while watching ESPN SportCenter on the other TV.

The other reason is that the boys hook up two PS3's via a network router and play battle games against each other. Each team uses one TV and has a opposite perspective of the battlefield.

Me? I just drive...
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Our coach is equipped with 2 salon TVs. At first I thought, 'what for'. However, we can now watch two programs at the same time,ie football, basketball, local weather, etc, or you can use the closed caption function on one. Many events do not require sound so we just run the sound on one TV. Another advantage is when watching the same program on both TVs from the booth, or some other seating locations, each person can watch the program without having to turn around. We definitely enjoy having both TVs, and would not consider a coach that was not so equipped.
newk72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

The "extra" LCD TV in front makes a great computer monitor.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

[QUOTE]Originally posted by newk72:
Our coach is equipped with 2 salon TVs. At first I thought, 'what for'.
/QUOTE]

I am surprised you don't have four. Need one over the kitchen stove for playing DVDs on cooking and receipes.

Saw those at last RV show!

Southern California
BZam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Our's came with a mirror strategically located to enable anyone seated with their back to the tv while sitting at the table to be able to watch tv on the mirror without having to turn around to face the tv. It works great! We thought about removing the mirror when we first got our rv until we realized how it helped with the tv. We have friends who removed their's and broke it while doing so before they realized that it was there to enable tv viewing.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Fun time,

Our 37B has two tv's in the living room and we find it very useful and flexible. We use both on the same channel with the sound on the one nearest where I sit..... I stood next to too many punch presses at GM. We have used one to track sporting events as well. As Tomsm stated one of ours is covered by the slide and can't be watched at Walmart, truck stops, or rest stops.

We have another in the bedroom and I have installed one in the basement.....but my wife drew the line at one on a blank wall in the toilet....she never lets me have any fun.

Dave