Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

What are the fuses for?

I have a 2003 Adventurer 35U W-22 Workhorse chassis. I have looked and looked for something that tells me what the under-dash fuses are and can't find anything. Does anyone have a diagram (I have the wiring diagrams) or label?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 01-25-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Those fuses are usually chassis-manufacturer, not RV-manufacturer. So you probably want to be looking at Workhorse docs, not Winnebago.

Try this link for a PDF, look around page 4-70 or so and see if that's what you need.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...84349003,d.aWw
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

On my 2002 35U suncruiser which is basically the same as the adventurer. I have 2 fuse panels under the dash. One is supplied by workhorse and the fuses are identified in the workhorse chassis manual. I also have a four fuse panel put in by winnebago It is next to the latge panel running top to bottom. The top fuse is radio, the next down is inverter, 3rd down is power mirrors and bottom one is power seat. hope this helps.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

the one on page 4-71 looks like mine
Old 01-26-2015, 05:19 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

4-71 and 4-72 are mine. Thank you! I forgot about the Workhorse manual.

Scott
Old 01-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

OMEY, if he is around, has the fuse diagram on his web page,, If you can not find it I have a copy on my HD and can possibly send it to you.

IN the bag with the owner's manual there MAY be a sticker.

Alas,, the labels and names are a tad cryptic, and some of them are, quite frankly, not properly labeled at all on my rig.

For example there are fuses specific to the dash heater/ventelation/air conditioning system (HEVAC) but it's the AUX-1 Breaker that runs the blower on my RV.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks! I have the Chassis manual, but I do not recall ever seeing a sticker for the fuse blocks. I'll just dig through and see what happens. You are right, though. It is confusing. What I have is a problem with the dash blower--it doesn't turn on at all, so I'm thinking it is the fuse, but right now, it's too cold to mess with it. I had to repair the surround amp over the weekend--that's when I discovered the dash blower was out--so I had to use the furnace to heat the coach before reinstalling the amp (the final amp IC's went out). Hopefully, it's just a fuse or else the dash blower doesn't get fixed until spring.

Scott
Old 01-27-2015, 07:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I can not tell you for sure but you have two panels there that interact,
One is the fuse block, on the left, the other is a terminal block called the I/P panel for some reason,,, HOOKED to this I found a wire clearly labeled HEVAC or Dash Heater (forget which)

But it was NOT hooked to the proper terminal it was hooked to ACC-1 as I recall

On the left side of the fuse block are two metal cans, these are short-stop self resetting circuit breakers.. one of them was HOT, and I mean HOT.. (Use a moistened finger to check or a heat sesor gun) and this was the culprit.

The breaker has a heater element i it, once it opens the heater keeps it open till the short is removed for a period of time, the breaker was defective.

Page 2: I have also had issues with the blower.. the dang ground wire comes off,, This has happened both on my Motor home and on my Wifes car (A Mercury) simply re-attachig the wire really helps.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Dash blower

Our Meriian 34B had a dash blower failure last, year shortly after WBGO worked on the GPS/Camera display. It's very hard to see the connector that feeds the dash blower switch panel, but by wiggling some wire bundles the whole darn connector pulled right off the switch panel. The connector design normally would not allow that unless it had been shoved around a lot. I was in FL, so I didn't need heat right away so later on I stopped at a CW dealer for an oil change and a warranty fix on the blower connector. The tech who fixed it was far more nimble than me and must have been able to bend his neck 135degrees to see backwards-joking- but he was far more agile than me.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:27 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Our 2004 Sightseer-P-32 Workhorse has the fuse box diagrams in the workhorse manual. We have two-one under the hood and one under the dash cluster-that one was found by accident as the owner's manual did not say where it was.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:33 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

The one under the dash is actually mounted by the body builder,, It ships just hanging on a pig tail

I think I described the I/P fuse block (The one under the dash)

On my coach the dash HEVAC is on the ACC one breaker (bottom breaker) the breakers are the two metal cans on the left.

However,, that is not where it is supposed to be connected. (There is another terminal for it) but it IS where the body builder hooked it up.. I was developing a very bad case of "Kojack Hair" (Pulling mine out) when I finally found the magic clearly labeled wire and traced it in about 2 seconds with the help of OMEY's diagrams to the breaker and fixed it.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Yep, and there is another fuse box under the hood that has a lot of fuses in there--they're marked at least. Heck, I may have caused the problem with the blower when I was checking fuses a couple of months ago. I reseated all the fuses under the dash.

There's a stop wire that keeps the dash from tipping too far forward, and I removed it to check the connectors (the wire is too short to allow the dash stay up on its own). Well, if you let it go too far, the first cable that gets unplugged is the fan motor control cable. LOL! The next thing to go is the upper right AC duct. Then the final thing is a connector on the dash buried between the ugliest rats nest of wires I've ever seen in a commercial product! I still have one blue wire that I don't know where it goes. It has a connector on it and I'll be damned if I can find in the wiring diagram. But... it's way cold so maybe the next day above freezing!

Scott
Old 01-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
Yep, and there is another fuse box under the hood that has a lot of fuses in there--they're marked at least. Heck, I may have caused the problem with the blower when I was checking fuses a couple of months ago. I reseated all the fuses under the dash.

There's a stop wire that keeps the dash from tipping too far forward, and I removed it to check the connectors (the wire is too short to allow the dash stay up on its own). Well, if you let it go too far, the first cable that gets unplugged is the fan motor control cable. LOL! The next thing to go is the upper right AC duct. Then the final thing is a connector on the dash buried between the ugliest rats nest of wires I've ever seen in a commercial product! I still have one blue wire that I don't know where it goes. It has a connector on it and I'll be damned if I can find in the wiring diagram. But... it's way cold so maybe the next day above freezing!

Scott
most of my 12 volt wiring is yellow. I have different collor tubes coming from the heat & A/C control you might check and see if that blue wire is actually one those tubes.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:57 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heating man View Post
most of my 12 volt wiring is yellow. I have different collor tubes coming from the heat & A/C control you might check and see if that blue wire is actually one those tubes.
Thanks for suggestion, but it's a wire, there is no vacuum fitting on it. It has just a single locking spade connector. The funny thing is this: I've gone around the entire radius that wire can travel and can find no mate for that wire, even under the rats nest. There is a blue wire in the wiring diagram that comes out of pin 4 on a molex connector and goes through a single connector to another molex connector in the Winnebago supplied portion of the diagram. It's out of the AC connector. I'm going to have dig around a lot to see what's up.

Scott
Old 03-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Fixed the heater fan! Turns out there are two connectors for the function selector. One appears to be the vacuum connector. The other connector is a red, plastic connector. The red connector came off when I over extended the dash lid. The mating half is hard to see as it is behind the "vacuum" connector. Once I found the connector was loose, it was a simple matter of reconnecting. Only one issue now with the fan--it doesn't work at the high setting, but that's okay for now.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Scott
Old 03-25-2015, 07:17 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Omey has the diagrams on his web page...Let me search

No, do not have a link...Search WORKHORSE forums for the link.

There may also be a sticker in your manuals bag..Where I found min

You have two chassis fuse blocks..that is one..The other

Go out and open the hood..Stand DIRECTLY in front of RV looking into hood ara..There is a flat black box..No markings..That is it.

Also.. IF you can tell me what is not working.....I have saved much money on haircuts due to those fuse panels (Read that tore my hair out looking for the 0@(#4812 fuse!)
Old 03-26-2015, 08:54 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

Just the high speed switch position is not working, now. Low to next to high is working great. Dunno if there would be a fuse for that. I'm at work and don't have my workhorse chassis manual with me. I know it used to work before I opened up the dash too far... well, at least a year ago (we use the basement AC when driving) it worked fine when I wanted to cool off quickly.

Scott

Tags
fuse