Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

wardrobe (closet) switch

We just bought a 2003 430V Minnie. I noticed this micro-switch on the upper frame of the forward-most door in our bedroom. The wires run up though the ceiling. It has no apparent effect on the slide-out or other lights. I have no idea what it does. Anyone?

Thanks for any help; we're looking forward to being members of the Winnebago family!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mystery switch.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	173060  
gordelbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Trailer or motorhome? We can access many drawings for motorhome and might locate it on drawings, not so much on trailers.
Another point to check might be if you have the original paperwork as there should be a price list showing what options were on the unit.
Example here if for motorhome:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...entify-your-rv
As an alternater, assuming it is MH, here is the diagram showing where wirs were installed. Can you locate this switch on the drawing?
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_141665.pdf
Page one is left/drivers side and page 2 right side. If you can locate the switch, being more familiar with the layout you can tell us where on the drawing and perhaps we can sort out where the wire comes/goes and the purpose?
Best of luck! Just consider it a good mystery to try to figure! Who did it and where.
added:
Is this the right rear where a wardrobe is located? Checked for a light in wardrobe?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

wardrobe switch

Morich, thanks for the reply. It's a MH. I have the wiring diagram but it shows nothing beyond the switch location; no hint where it goes or what it does. On page 3 of your wiring diagram it's switch # 56264-01-000, just forward of the wardrobe lamp. It has no effect on LOI-2 or on "lamp-wardrobe 87694-01-000" . They both work on individual switches.

Looking forward to solving this one!
Old 03-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Okay, I was not seeing the picture right and looking for a switch down along the side. I see now the picture is turned but that's not a big thing!
Is there a chance that is a split wiring guard over the wire and it could be pulled back to read some numbers on the wires?
From this link, follow wire ID guide, perhaps to get what they call the wires:
Wiring Diagrams
Then this:
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ical_guide.pdf
This has a code and "from" on the left and "to" on the right.
I'm not big into reading that code. Perhaps somebody else is more into the wire ID as I'm still just getting my feet wet on Winnebago methods!
Old 03-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Richard;
OK, I got it. It's a secondary switch for the wardrobe light so it doesn't matter which door you open, the light comes on. I put a meter on the switch, got no continuity so I jumped it and, voila! The light comes on!. I spent years chasing wires on B-52's but I guess I'm losing it in my old age...
Thanks for all your help!

Buzz
Old 03-15-2020, 01:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordelbar View Post
Richard;
OK, I got it. It's a secondary switch for the wardrobe light so it doesn't matter which door you open, the light comes on. I put a meter on the switch, got no continuity so I jumped it and, voila! The light comes on!. I spent years chasing wires on B-52's but I guess I'm losing it in my old age...
Thanks for all your help!

Buzz
B-52 or RV? They keep changing them both and use them way past the plan, so that makes them just alike, right?
I'm saying we have not lost it, just stored it away and somebody moved it!

Tags
switch