Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #1
2012 Itasca Suncruiser

Want to replace the LR TV with new smart tv

We have a 2012 Itasca Suncruiser 35p. Want to upgrade the existing Vizio LED TV with a higher resolution, smart TV. I've searched this form and am unable to find any posts or photos on how to do this. There are 3 bolt heads visible inside the cabinet from below. If I remove these bolts will I be able to lift the TV out? Don't want to start taking things apart without knowing for sure. TIA, cal
Azcal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

My 09 Journey has a plate supporting the vertical mount held by bolts. To remove my TV, you need to remove the bolts below the platform and the TV will come out of the opening with the backplate attached. Good luck.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcal77 View Post
We have a 2012 Itasca Suncruiser 35p. Want to upgrade the existing Vizio LED TV with a higher resolution, smart TV. I've searched this form and am unable to find any posts or photos on how to do this. There are 3 bolt heads visible inside the cabinet from below. If I remove these bolts will I be able to lift the TV out? Don't want to start taking things apart without knowing for sure. TIA, cal
One of the things to consider with the new TV is durability. If you know of a brand and model that is now being used in the RV world, I suggest you buy that one. I bought a replacement TV for my last coach and had a minor problem with the screen lighting. I got a cast at the bottom of the screen.

I have a horizontal mounting bar across the top of my TV with several screws holding it in place. I have to remove this bar to gain access to the back of my TV. Do you have this mounting arrangement? Your description tells me yours is not mounted this way. You may be able to slide yours forward after the bolts are removed.

Hope you have great success and get the enjoyment from your new TV you are hoping for.

Happy trails,
Rick
Old 09-15-2018, 02:59 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

On my 2013 Sunstar 26HE, I replaced the existing 32" Vizio TV with a 40" smart Samsung TV. I have an access panel which gave me access to two bolts. Once I removed the two bolts, I pushed the TV toward the ceiling to unhook it from the bracket. It took a surprising amount of force to unhook the TV from the bracket. Since I was upgrading to a larger TV, I removed the plate that was mounted to the Vizio TV (separate portion of the mounting bracket) and reconnected it to the mounting bracket. I bought a new TV bracket from Harbor Freight and mounted it to the existing TV plate/bracket and secured the new TV.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace