Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Voyager AWM 930 Am/fm CD

I have a new to us 2002 Itasca Horizon and I'm trying to learn about it.
The Voyager AWM 930 Am/fm CD Wall Mount Radio Stereo unit in the bedroom is acting crazy. It has a CD in it which is constantly playing. The red light above the CD button us on, but NONE of the buttons on the face of the unit work. The eject button won't even eject the CD.
I've 'played' with it and discovered if I depress the 'factory reset' button it will turn off the unit. When the unit is off the clock shows 12:00, but if I leave it off the clock will advance the time. Yet none of the buttons will work!
I also 'played' with the fuse, screwing it in and out while the unit is playing the CD.
After several fuse in&outs the CD player ejected the CD and the unit switched to FM radio, with the red light on above the radio switch. Still none of the buttons work.
I inserted the CD in the slot, it took the CD in and started playing the CD, but still none of the buttons work!
I checked with a local car radio repair shop but they say they couldn't get parts for it and it would cost more to fix it than its worth. They say junk it and replace it.
Anybody got a suggestion on how to fix it?!?
Bill
Bill Myers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voyage