Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Voyager 3 camera monitor quit working...

I just got back from a 3 day camping trip and when I started the engine to head home, the in-dash monitor was blank. It apparently has power, as the red light is on but no picture from any of the cameras. Anybody have any suggestions where to start looking...?
Ramzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

If you can access the rear of the monitor check to make sure all the cables are tight. Happened to me with a previous system, thought it was a bad camera, turned out the cables had vibrated loose, easy fix.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Tom, but I checked that and removed all cables and re-attached them. No luck. I'm hoping that this doesn't mean I have to buy a new monitor or worse yet, a whole new system!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

On the back of my monitor there are wires for power and a seperate cable for the camera which plugs into the center of the back of the monitor. Mine has vibrated completely out in the past and has the same symptoms you discribed
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Your post doesn't mention the year and model of your coach, that might help others in troubleshooting your problem. Since you say you have removed and reconnected all of the cables, that would seem to eliminate the possible loose connection. Is there maybe an internal fuse in the system? It would be highly unusual for all three cameras to go out at exactly the same time. It's probably somewhere in the monitor itself. I presume that you have already tried adjusting the contrast, brightness controls and the day/night switch?

You might also try www.rvcams.com for help. I think the owner's name is Tim. Several years ago I had a minor problem with my system in a '98 Brave. I finally called them and they were very helpful in resoloving my problems. They had the parts I needed at a reasonable price.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Tom. This is in a 2006 Itasca Meridian with the rear camera and two side cameras. The existing monitor is a Voyager 73S.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I thought my monitor had gone south ... it hadn't ... my 3 year old grandson had done some "adjusting" to the knobs ... I hope yours is as simple
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera