Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

UA Bedroom Speaker & TV Popping

On our 2002 Ultimate Advantage, we keep hearing a popping noise, almost like feedback, in the bedroom TV and the speakers over the bed. This happens only when the TV is turned off, and immediately stops when we turn the TV on. Sometimes it happnes only a few times, other times (like last night) it went on all night long. Makes it very hard to sleep. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Gypsy Journal Newspaper
Nick Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Nick, I don't have the problem you are experiencing in the bedroom. But I did have the problem in the front of the coach with the main TV. The band pass/noise filter Winnebago had provided had come loose from the speaker wires.

I would suggest the same thing for your TV in the bedroom.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Nick,
I have had the same problem coming thru my surround sound system. Only fix (temporary) is to turn off the surround system when I'm not using it. In the Meridian that's done by turning off the radio, that also controls the surround sound amp.

Those UA's are great coaches.

2012 Honda CRV / M&G Braking
bill jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I, too, have the popping noise in the front coach speakers, almost like the ticking of a clock in terms of frequency. It happens only when the speakers are set to radio and the dash radio is off. I am wondering if a band/pass filter is needed for the dash radio as well.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

LK23,

I have the same issue. I found the cure was in the power selector switch that sets the radio power to engine or coach. In the engine position, the noise is removed.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to rowesort
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK23 View Post
I, too, have the popping noise in the front coach speakers, almost like the ticking of a clock in terms of frequency. It happens only when the speakers are set to radio and the dash radio is off. I am wondering if a band/pass filter is needed for the dash radio as well.
I agree with LK23 I fix mine (the front speakers) the same way. But you asked about the Bedroom speakers. TV's are not generally ever turned off if this was the case your remote would not work. What you are hearing is feed back through your speakers. Both my front and rear TV's burned out the transformers no doubt due to low voltage with the invertor on (with little demand the inverter only produces 90V instead of the 110/120. When I took the TV out the wirwes to the speakers were hardwired to the TV speaker which as I beleive are actually on even in the off position.

No doubt your transformer is on it's way out. I found a new magnovox TV for 90 bucks that slipped right in, $125 to replace the front transformer
rowesort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
KIX
Winnebago Master

Where is this transformer you're speaking of, Steve?