Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2020, 08:20 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post
Back to your light question. Our 2007 SE has the same puck light. It is connected to the same switch that turns on your mirror lights.

That halogen bulb was way too hot, IMHO, for that location, plus a huge battery draw. $12 and an hour to replace it with an LED puck light.

Similar situation with that halogen ocular light above the one stop panel. Too hot for comfort. And, didn't light up the panel well. Replaced it with a rectangular light fixture matching the other ceiling fixtures (and fixtures in cargo compartments). $8. LED again. Now have usable light over one stop panel.

(Two lights. That's why it took an hour)😉

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Thanks for that info . The mirror lights have been changed to LED already . An exact match in shape also . That being said I will not be replacing the missing bulb . As it bright enough as is !
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

My CO was on the ceiling also, why on the ceiling it would be to late if it went off. I've replaced mine and now it's 30" from the floor in bedroom.
millerDE45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:34 AM   #23
2002 Journey WPK36GD

CO detector

I bought an after-market First Alert in 2017 and installed it about a foot below the ceiling 6' away from the stove. It clearly stated that the device is of limited life that is 10 years and will start Chirping sometime before then and will become more insistent if not replaced with a new one.

I did some research some years ago for the placement of the CO detector on my sailboat. The gist was that any airflow mixes the CO into the air and placement is not super critical like it is on the Propane Detector. I placed mine on a bulkhead about a foot below the ceiling and not in a corner or where airflow would be stagnant.

I also placed after market dual sensor smoke detectors in the aft bedroom aand salon of the coach. Both fit the existing mount IMHO.
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:28 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerDE45 View Post
My CO was on the ceiling also, why on the ceiling it would be to late if it went off. I've replaced mine and now it's 30" from the floor in bedroom.
It doesn't matter with CO, but it is slightly lighter than air, so the ceiling is good.

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quali...ng%20appliance.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:42 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

The light, you can buy a led for it without changing the fixture, my Horizon has a dozen of those fixtures I just put led in. My coach is in the shop, I’ll see it Saturday to water the plants and I’ll send you a pic of the replacement led bulb.
pobstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical