Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TV question

Our campground has about 20 DTV stations and I can only get about half of them to program in on both inside tv"s. The outside Tv gets all the DTV channels. I'm I missing something? We have a 2012 Journey 42E with Samsung TV's. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Do you have an antenna booster? If it's on, it will mess with cable TV signals. Turn it off, usually a small slide switch on an outlet cover in with the TV components.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Booster is off. Just has me puzzled that I get all the channels on the exterior TV but only a few on both the main and bedroom TV.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

blackttr, Have you checked the cable signal format at each tv before doing the search most cable system use STD.
Might check the connection at the splitter which is behind the panel in the left over head cabinet.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

When you move, any distance, to a new CG you should let each TV go thru auto program again, you will get all the channels that way.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

This is being discussed elsewhere. First: you have the cables, Are they in good condition, the crimp on ends FIRMLY attached and the center wire the proper length (not trimmed too short) Your selector switch, a wall plate (if so it is possible one tv is getting 2-4 times the signals) or a matrix switch (Box of many buttons) the BOMB is noted for bad switches needing cleaning.

Coax is often cheapest bidder and splitters if used likewise, this can lead to interactions between the TV's.

A fact I once used to make a filter to get rid of an interfering station in fact.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

In the TV's menu, go to Input. Select cable, then do a channel scan. When wanting over the air (OTA) stations, go back to TV's menu, select TV or OTA and scan again. Be sure to turn off the antenna booster for cable and on for OTA.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I have three TVs in my Journey - each gets a different number of channels from the same antenna. Mine are fed thru the winegard coax switch box. The weakest signal is in the bedroom which shares a splitter with the exterior TV coax. The primary reason for different levels is the splitting of signals and the amount of coax installed / signal loss - to reach the sets. Not really much you can really do about it. Download the Electrical drawings for your coach and check the "Wiring Diagram(s) - TV Coax" to see how the different locations get their signal feed - that might rationalize why certain locations have fewer channels.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackttr View Post
Booster is off. Just has me puzzled that I get all the channels on the exterior TV but only a few on both the main and bedroom TV.
Hold on here.. Are you trying to receive OVER THE AIR or Park Cable.. if park cable.. Well, you have coax or switch or splitter issues as stated earlier.

If you are trying to receive over the air, Booster switch must be ON.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:44 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Ok so all TV's are now working. After reading the postings and following the diagram from Winnebago I removed the coax switching plate that changes from OTA to cable and did a direct hookup from main line to cable only. TV's are better than ever and I suspect that this switching plate has been bad since I bought the coach as we were only able to get a few channels with our OTA antenna. I will order a new switching plate and hope all still works. Thanks to all who replied.