Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I plan on installing a box at each TV to retain individual channel selection when on the antenna. When I switch to satellite reception will the signal from the satellite reciever then pass thru the box as an anolog signal would ( with the right box that is )?
Winnebago did not address this in their Service Tips. Has anyone tried this and what box would you recommend?
Moving on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I plan on installing a box at each TV to retain individual channel selection when on the antenna. When I switch to satellite reception will the signal from the satellite reciever then pass thru the box as an anolog signal would ( with the right box that is )?
Winnebago did not address this in their Service Tips. Has anyone tried this and what box would you recommend?
Moving on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Most converter box will not pass the standard signal.

I just installed a converter box in our 2005 Suncruser. If you have wineguard
switch box you can connect the output of DTV box to Aux input on switch. You will need a ant splitter that will pass power on one port. Use this port to power Wineguard roof ant. I have a few splitters.

2005 Itasca 38R Suncruiser
Frank (Wires) & Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:36 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Because we have only used our external TV once I just discovered its signal goes through the TV2 switch. So if you use the outside TV you may want to consider how best to control it. I have not yet done the research and will probably elect to leave it as is.

Also, the rear TV space in our Journey 36G is so tight I am not sure where to put the converter. Probably behind the TV and I'll have to wire in a infra red receiver to pick up the remote's signal. Will probably initially buy just one converter and then try to determine if there is any suitable install location. If not then I can default the converter to the front TV.

'10 Phaeton 36 QSH-
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

What is type and kind of ant. spiltter? The one you say that will pass thru power to the ant., or has a one leg power pass thru. I have no idea what this spilter would look like or what the part maker is. Frank has a good wiring picture, but I have never seen a power pass thru splitter.

Also I ordered a coupon for a cost savings on the converter box, but it has been like 3 weeks and no coupon. Whats up with that?
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:50 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

The splitter he is refering to is called a diplexer such as Radio Shack part # 16-2567
stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:54 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stevegd007:

Also I ordered a coupon for a cost savings on the converter box, but it has been like 3 weeks and no coupon. Whats up with that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It takes about 6 weeks to receive your "card" for the converter box....and is good for 90 days from the day it was sent to you.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:59 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I put the splitter on the input of the VCR and the Convertor out to the unused AUX connection of the switcher. I can use the VCR tuner for analog stations and the Convertor for digital.
Works great.
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:15 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stoney:
The splitter he is refering to is called a diplexer such as Radio Shack part # 16-2567 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have also seen them at Lowes recently - next to the regular splitters. As I recall they say something like "Satellite splitter" instead of "diplexer" like the one I got from Radio Shack that you mentioned.