Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TV cable routing

I recently purchases a 2004 Winnebago Journey V33. I want to add an external Satellite dish.I have one thing left to do and that is to route a coax cable from the electrical bay (located below the bedroom window) to the TV in the bedroom (directly above the electrical bay). Seems simple.
Does any one know where the routing areas are how they may be accessed.

Any and all suggestions will be welcome.
Thanks
Creede
Creede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Without pix to guide us, I have one idea. On our '88 Suncruiser 31RQ, I ran the solar panel cable under the roof fridge vent and down behind the fridge. Just stay away from the hot parts.

Once you get to the bottom, you can go under cabinets, or down, under the house, and back up in the bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creede View Post
I recently purchases a 2004 Winnebago Journey V33. I want to add an external Satellite dish.I have one thing left to do and that is to route a coax cable from the electrical bay (located below the bedroom window) to the TV in the bedroom (directly above the electrical bay). Seems simple.
Does any one know where the routing areas are how they may be accessed.

Any and all suggestions will be welcome.
Thanks
Creede
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply.
I think I am getting closer. A lot of wiring comes up behind the drawers under the closet. I think there are wires routed from there to the bedroom tv. There is a right angle turn but tomorrow if it warms up, I will try to fish a cabled through there. If that doesn't work, I will try to run up through the closet. It would be nice to know where the unrestricted cable runs are.
Maybe it will work?
Thanks
Creede
Old 12-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Take a look at the below Winnebago link. Should be able to access your model to view wiring runs

Wiring Diagrams

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:17 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Good luck. Let us know how it goes...
Old 12-15-2018, 08:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies.
I have spent a lot of time looking at the drawing, It is an interconnection drawing. Really need a drawing showing the accessible routing options including access points.
I think, I have ways to get this done. Will get after it today.
Thanks to all.
Creede
Old 12-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Creede,

A discussion was had at one of the rallys and the consensus of where the wiring was in an RV sort of went like this:

"It depends on what craftsman, what day. and what time of day the craftsman threw the wires over the rafters."

Don't trust that your eyes see them coming through any one spot. How they got there can be very different.

Most likely if you had it done by a "professional" they would route the cable along the roof top and drill down into the cabin, then seal the entry point.

Have you called Winnebago and asked if the wiring was already in place for your year and model? Many of the RV's that don't have an external Sat dish still have the wiring in place. They can also tell you or give you a diagram of where the dish is to be installed.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:39 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks again guys.
There is a satellite dish on the roof. I am going to use a tripod mounted dish with my hopper 3 receiver and joey. I am installing the solo node in the electric bay. From there I am using the external tv cable coax to get the signal to the front tv where the receiver will be. Now the rear tv is where my problem was.There is wiring from the electric bay to the tv compartment but it makes a right angle turn. It was futile trying to fish a wire around the corner, So, I ran the coax from the solo node (in electric bay) behind the drawers(below the closet) inside the closet to the tv. You can't run wires in the closet side wall because of obstructions.
Too much information?
Thanks to all
Creede
Old 12-15-2018, 04:28 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

One thing to remember... All F barrel connectors between the dish and the receiver have to be satellite rated. Usually, I think they have a blue dielectric to tell them apart for the regular ones. I had prewired our house for multiple cable TV cables to every room (Our patch panel in the Brain Room has 50 room connectors on it). When we put Dish in at our house, the installer and I had to change out the F barrel on that panel, the one in the garage where the antenna comes in, and the one behind the entertainment center for the Hopper.