Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2019, 04:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Turn Signal/Brake Light/Running Light

I feel like I should have figured this out by now, but I haven't, so here I come!

We have a 2013 Vista 35B. All electrical systems had been working fine. Bought a Blue Ox tow bar and had the installer build a wiring harness for us to connect to our toad. The harness lasted about 3 months and then fell apart in grand fashion. Sparks and smoke and stuff you would hope not to see .

We have since replaced the harness and all is good with the toad (all lights work), but the Vista left side running lights, left blinker, and left brake light stopped working. Everything else seems fine. Checked all fuses and bulbs are fine. Don't know enough to trouble shoot beyond this. Thoughts?

Thanks!
jriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:47 AM   #2
Itasca Owners

Generally WBO has a premade harness for lights. It could be that the plug to the light was not connected. I would also look for a missing or corroded ground attachment. Often when more than doesn't work, it is the ground.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

My guess is that your spectacular failure resulted in a failed ground connection that's common to the lights in question (although it could be multiple ground failures). Alternatively, the fault could be in the power side but it would have to be ahead of all switches, etc. since the lights have different functions.

You can check this with a multimeter to see if there's power but no ground to these lights. If you're lucky this will be an easy fix.

Here's a link to the wiring diagrams for more info:

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram..._e35b_wire.htm
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, light