Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak73 View Post
Al,

For reference look at the spec sheet for Relion RB100 battery. One of the better spec sheets I have found, Battleborn shows very little in spec...but they say this...
"Approximately 75-80% of the battery capacity will remain after 3000 cycles in applications recharging at 0.5C or lower We have seen life spans well over 5000 cycles in our lab testing."

The Relion sheet shows charge times using .2C charge rate but forecasts cycle life on the 50%DOD and .5Ccharge rate. Your Magnum is a far cry from my PD9245 but I would indeed mount a proper charger for lithium. All I can see from those statements and charts implies charge rate and depth of discharge impact cycle life. Using the chart on the Relion battery a charge rate of .2C would recharge that from 50% discharge to 100% in about 150 minutes. Trojan and Relion indicate 1C is max charge rate but apparently it will shorten life cycles but really, if I got 3000 cycles that would put my age beyond driving the View - just saying. It probably is a moot point for many of us.
At this time I am convincing myself to go ahead and get it done, new solar, all the work for Li and put in the BBs to enjoy the rig. Now to get DW on board and explain all that.
We have been traveling cross country for the last 10 days and pretty much have been away from the forms.
It is only money! Well if you have plenty of it then the term is true. Have fun explaining to DW why you have to put more money into a rig you bought not to terribly long ago.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote