Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-11-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Tri-mark sending unit?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200911_104705.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	174961

Name:	20200911_104801.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	174962

So, I have my instr panel cowling off running a new SiriusXM antenna, (CamperWorld story -- another time) and got to wondering what these two modules do. They are hidden beneath a host of wiring bundles.

I believe the upper pic shows the sending unit for our tri-mark door locks. Have previously searched for it where drawing shows with no luck. I am aware that there was a recall and fix to the orig system.

Anyone verify that? Seems to have a short antenna like a garage door opener.

Haven't the foggiest what what the lower pic shows. No luck yet cross referencing the numbers on it. Has a yellow (hot) wire on one side and a red wire on the other labeled "input".

Often lock cargo bay doors with rocker switch by door, rarely have use for fob remote.

Just like to know what stuff does.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

If you can find any of the Winnebago wire ID on the wires like this, you can then go to the "wire identification chart" here:
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ical_guide.pdf

And that should give you a from and to listing that may tell you something??
Hunting and pecking and guessing is as good as it gets, somedays?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	174963  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Yes, the top photo is your Trimark system for the remote door and compartment locks. It's actually more of a "receiver" than a "sender" as it's what's listening for the Fobs and then through hardwires actuates the various locks.

The bottom picture is your deluxe power sound filter. It's an inline noise filter to remove ignition hum from your sound system.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Thanks Ed, Richard. I put labels on those two devils. I was 95% sure on the Tri-Mark module, no clue on the other.

Amazing how many pieces parts it takes to drive that surround sound.

That wiring info is a great start. One of the best things Winnebago does is ID'g all the wring. Recommend everyone download all their rig specific diagrams. And turn to them at every opportunity.

Here comes the but monkey. We are a well maintained, 13 years downrange of the assembly line, labor of love. Well maintained meaning staying on top of recalls and maintenance, chassis and coach, constantly "upgrading", "improving", "changing". "tweaking", "replacing" and "fixin'". May be fun, but there comes a time when our Journey comes to be more like Johnny Cash's Cadillac.

Thanks again

Old 09-11-2020, 10:53 PM   #5

The module with the button is your Keyless Entry System (KES), just as everyone has been describing, and it was made by SCS-Frigette who is no longer in business...and it's garbage. But the good news is that your coach probably came with a front door auto lock and maybe your cargo doors also have an auto lock?

* When you bought your RV did they tell you it came from the factor with a KES?

* Do you have the option of opening and locking your cargo doors with one switch... usually located by the entry door? If so you can install a new KES and with a new fob your can Open and lock your front door, but because you are using a car alarm system that is only designed to unlock the trunk... you can use this button to unlock your cargo doors and to lock the cargo doors you will push 2-buttons on the fob at the same time to lock the trunk... which is no big deal, but it's not intuitive.

This is also a good time for you to learn more about your Trimark door lock adjustments, and to help you with that you should visit this thread:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/tri...le-479375.html

And this thread...

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...re-330834.html

And if you want to get your Keyless Entry System (KES) working again, all you need to do is buy the Avital 300xl on Amazon and a few relays and fuses.

The total cost to get your KES working about is about $50 if you do the work yourself; and take it from me, you love having your fob operational again!

For more information on how to remove the wire harness from your old SCS control box and re-wire your auto locking system, you just need to go to this thread... and there you will find a wire conversion diagram I created that will make cutting your old wire harness easy to understand and connect to your new Avital KES.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/scs...ls-451241.html

As for calling Trimark... don't bother. They will give you bad information and their customer support is run by a few sour grapes. However, their technical support is nice and knowledgeable if you ever need to talk to them.

Trimark customer service will try to up-sell you on their wire harness conversion and new Trimark control box for ~$400 in parts only; and then you will pay $200- $250 in labor; or you can learn how to do it yourself for $50 and install the Avital KES.

Note: I also elected to install a siren that Winnebago conveniently left out and now if I push the "panic" button on the fob the siren will go off. ...Note also, this is not the same as the chirping sounds you are familiar with a car. That's another horn, but you don't need this since you can hear the door plunger lock.

The siren is also useful to scare away skunks that happen by your campsite, and it will also will give you peace of mind if you ever spend the night in a Wallmart parking lot and you think you hear something outside your coach and need to sound the alarm.

ANOTHER TIP: I found LED lights placed under your coach are a good deterrent for mice and unwanted guests too! Just run a 40' strand of LED Rope Lights under your coach and zip-tie as necessary... and then cut a hole in the back wall of your inverter bay... where you can then access the switch power outlet your engine uses for the block heater.

You can also use a mechanical, 24 hour timer that flashes the LED light every 30 minutes all night long for added effect if you want; and since the engine block heater switch is conveniently mounted inside the RV, you can easily switch the LED lights on-and-off when you want to scare off those unwanted critters too.

In summary: If you have a little handyman experience and the desire to get your KES working again; the Trimark door adjustments are almost sure to fix your intermittent door locking problems. And with some determination to learn about KES systems, because their manuals are so poorly written, you too can follow the wire conversion chart I created, and in ~2-4 hours you should be able to fix your KES yourself for $50... and $75 if you want to add a siren to make the panic button functional.

...And as always, I highly recommend you hide a spare set of keys outside your RV for those times when you lock yourself out by mistake.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190704_193117.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	174970   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190704_194034(0).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	174971  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Ya doin' me brother!

I just told the others our rig is feeling like Johnny Cash's Cadillac and you come up with another project I'm itching to start. Will have to wait 'til November tho, heading out on our fall trip in a few days,

No hurry. Our Trimark is working fine. I did replace a cargo door solenoid. Have a spare in my possibles box. I had previously searched for the module where it was supposed to be, and surprised when I stumbled on it. Our Fob works, we just don't carry it. We lock/unlock via the rocker near the door, and the door with a key.

I have heard and read a number negative comments on Trimark/frigette, so we've been blessed. That doesn't rule out preemptive action however.

Good info on rodent abatement. I see we both have chimed in on this subject several times. Like you I have zip tied blinking led rope lights beneath the coach. In my case, I used HF solar. They are cheap, I am cheap. They last a long time. I'm surprised how long I've lasted.

One rope circles beneath the genset. Three loop side to side between the fore and aft axles and two form a horseshoe from the battery compt, around by the stinger and end at the service compt. I installed automotive waterproof connectors between the solar panel and the light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Siliconed the solar units to some 3in suction cups. On the road, the units are stuck to the shower wall. Skylight charges them. When we stop, connect them to the light strings and stick them to the coach side.

Thanks again for the info. May PM you when I get into it.

Old 09-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #7

It's my pleasure to help you.

And since you like tips, this is one everybody needs to know about:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3873565
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote