Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

theater sound wiring diagram

Hi Guys,
My vista has a theater sound and the Jensen stereo with weather band. It seems that the speakers (4 in front, 2 in bedroom) are on the whack, There seems to be one speaker in each circuit that going on and off, one side or the other..
I am looking for a loose plug or something. I can not find a wiring diagram so do not know if there is an amp or other box to find. any one have wiring or info.
john
leptronjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

If you want to get to back of the Jensen dash radio, its very easy. Carefully remove the curved cover over the Instrument cover. Set it aside and you will have easy access to the wires connected to the back of the radio. There are also speaker wires in the overhead compartments that are accessable by removing the clothboards in the areas. But it sounds to me the problem is the connections behind the radio, or a bad channel in the radio.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the Winnebago family – the company has excellent resources online.
Brochure archive
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/index.php
Operator Manuals
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/operatormanuals.php
Manuals & Diagrams
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/
Links on the page above to
If you go here Service Parts List with your model year and the last 5 digits of your Winnebago serial # (not the VIN, the Winnebago number) you can get a listing of all the parts used to build your specific RV
Parts Catalog

Plumbing Diagrams
Wiring Diagrams
R.V. Parts and Accessories Catalog -
How to Identify a Motor home -
Sealants Callout Sheets
Operator Manuals
Paint Code Manuals
Audio Video Guides
Supplier Links
Click here
Service Tips:
Service Tips
It's also a good idea to register you as the new owner. Link below
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/secondowner/index.php
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Ghutch, thanks for the reply. I now have the sterio out, have been playing with the plugs, nothing yet.. great help

rream, I saw this listing once, guess I did not realize how in depth it is. found no real wiring for speakers yet. Will keep looking, thanks for the help.
john
Old 07-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Ghutch, dream,
I found my theater wiring problems last week. Wires pulled hard on speakers caused temporary shorts making sounds awfully bad. I sure had a mess pulled out , my wife kept looking at me funny. Now that I have seen the tv out, I realize I can pull the 12 volt converter out of the tv, run direct from the battery. This will save me from running the 1000watt unite that sucks my battery while dry camping.
Thanks for your help
Old 07-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Good news , John. Whats important is that you are satisfied in how it works and know how to operate it.
You would'nt happen to be at the GNR now? Like to visit more. I'm the only black Vista in the Iowa row.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

ghutch,
I am sitting in my office right now in golden co... I am chained to my desk, I would rather be next to you somewhere..
wow we have the same color rig, only yours is onger, I am looking for a streacher now :-)
john
Old 07-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by leptronjohn View Post
Ghutch, dream,
I found my theater wiring problems last week. Wires pulled hard on speakers caused temporary shorts making sounds awfully bad. I sure had a mess pulled out , my wife kept looking at me funny. Now that I have seen the tv out, I realize I can pull the 12 volt converter out of the tv, run direct from the battery. This will save me from running the 1000watt unite that sucks my battery while dry camping.
Thanks for your help
Know that if your TV requires 12V dc regulated, wiring directly to your coach's 12V system and bypassing the TVs power supply may present upwards of 14V to the TV, possibly causing harm.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring