Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Tank Reading Lights 2001 Adventurer 35U

All my lights, black, grey, fresh and gas will not work. I have a 2001 winnebago adventurer 35u. Is there a fuse that would affect them. I looked at all panels, and cannot find any fuses.
vinval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Tank lights are something of a mystery as to how the sensors work but this seems more likely to be something outside the sensors like you are thinking, so maybe a bit of simple testing may help.
First I might ask what else on the monitor may be working or not working? Does it seem all the monitor panel might be out, like unplugged? I understand there is a large plug that can be found behind the panel, so we may get into looking there?

But for a test on a small point, I did this snip of the drawings to explain a thought. Assuming the sensors all stopped working at one time, we often guess that means one common wire or item has failed to put them all out.

I found a couple sensors on one page of the drawing to show what I mean and marked what I find to be the power wire in blue, going from the fresh tank probe as well as the aux or grey holding tank to the monitor panel. But it takes ground as well as power, so we might check that the ground is likely to be getting to the sensors by checking the wire GL that I marked in yellow which also feeds the switch for the water pump! The wire ID chart shows GL to be the ground wire for all holding tank sensors and the switch, so if the switch works, we lean toward saying the ground would be good to the sensors!
I did not show the whole drawing to keep it cleaner? But can you find that
switch below the bath vanity and test if it still powers the water pump? If that switch works, I tend to say the ground side is good to the sensors as well and that leads back to asking about the plug behind the monitor---- which may require some taking a panel off, etc. to find it and check it is plugged in good!!!
The main drawings are here and top of page 2:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...001/135444.pdf

But for simple, try clicking this snip to get a better view and see if that makes sense to you?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	holding tanks.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	180260  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:42 PM   #3
Site Team

I would expect that even in 2001 there was a "One Place" tank monitor in the Adventurer - but that's a guess.

If all of them are out, you might try pulling the monitor (4-screws) and see if the wiring is attached.

Also, you can reset the OnePlace monitor. I'd tell you how but I'm not sure if the 2001 has that brand or not. If it does do a search online for "Reset OnePlace Monitor" and you'll see plenty of descriptions of how to do this.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Tanks

On my panel, the generator on light, the water pump light, and the water heater light I work the only lights that don't work or the tank lights including the LP gas. I'll follow the schematic that you sent, but I still I think that it has to be one thing for all lights to go out.
vinval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Yes, if other items on the panel work, it tends to sound less likely to be unplugged and then the ground portion which doesn't run to the panel begins to sound more likely so a check of the water pump switch would be my next move to see if the ground is bad at that point as it is shared with the tanks lights.
Something as simple as a corroded ground can cause lots of trouble because they are the one part which is often shared with lots of different circuits.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hi,
on my 2003 adventurer the sensors and lights are tied to the chassis battery not the house batteries, so when parked and salesman switch off, the lights will not work.
BigAl19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, vent, tank, adventurer