Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2021, 10:35 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

2021 Adventurer that has hard to remove protective coat on countertops

We recently purchased a 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 33C and noticed the table top and countertops other than the kitchen counter had some type of plastic factory protective coating. The General RV dealer at first thought we were mistaken until we were able to remove one luckily and showed them. They contacted Winnebago and were informed that these are factory installed and are meant to be removed. The issue is removing them. The dealership spent 3 hours with 4 technicians trying and we still have four surfaces with these plastic covering on them. Has anyone experienced this? If so, any suggestions as I have requested a service appointment at a local General RV to try and address this as all agree they should be removed. The best way to describe the coating is a thin plastic fitted saran wrap style product that offers no visible edge or seam! Very frustrating.
mrobidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobidou View Post
We recently purchased a 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 33C and noticed the table top and countertops other than the kitchen counter had some type of plastic factory protective coating. The General RV dealer at first thought we were mistaken until we were able to remove one luckily and showed them. They contacted Winnebago and were informed that these are factory installed and are meant to be removed. The issue is removing them. The dealership spent 3 hours with 4 technicians trying and we still have four surfaces with these plastic covering on them. Has anyone experienced this? If so, any suggestions as I have requested a service appointment at a local General RV to try and address this as all agree they should be removed. The best way to describe the coating is a thin plastic fitted saran wrap style product that offers no visible edge or seam! Very frustrating.
Our Vista came with the same. The key is to get one bit started, and then peel it back in one sheet. It took my daughter and I about 1 hour to get it all off. The key is to pull it off perpendicular or in the direction you are removing it from the surface

San Francisco Bay Area
sundog964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:19 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

2021 Adventurer Counter top coating

Sundog964
Any tips on how you got an edge or point to start on the countertops?
mrobidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:55 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobidou View Post
Sundog964
Any tips on how you got an edge or point to start on the countertops?
My daughter used her fingernail in an out of the way spot to scrape a small hole to start the peeling. It takes the kind of patience that a 12 year old girl with a mission has.

San Francisco Bay Area
sundog964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 02:43 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

I bought a portable Hughes Watchdog with EPO. As someone else mentioned, I was concerned about bypassing in the event there was an error with it so I went portable. I do like the cleanliness of hard wired and went back and forth. First world problems.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:02 PM   #26
Winnie-Wise

I can't comment on all hardwired units but the Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C that I installed can be bypassed by simply using the slide switch on the remote display.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote